Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Persistent Plantar facitis, bone spurs, sesmoiditis

Posted by Harriet C on 6/20/02 at 00:31 (088077)

Hi. I am an RN who developed very severe foot pain in April 2002. Initial Dx by exam, symptoms and Xray revealed plantar fascitis and bilateral bone spurs in heels. The Dr also identified Neuromas on my feet. I had a few cortisone injections and cut back on working to 4 hours a day. I got no better and my feet ached so badly. The only time I was comfortable was when I was laying down and icing my feet. I took NSAIDS. He then started me on PT, which helped briefly. The Therapist thought it was more of a sesmoid bone problem as the pain was NOT in my heel but through my arch and over the sesmoid bone. She suspected a stress fx. but Xrays did not show this. I was then put in a walking cast {boot] and have crutches. I was taken out of work. I cannot be up for any length of time without terrible pain. I am really frustrated and want my life back. Orthotics are being made. I have had the regular inserts since the 1st Dr appt. ANY suggestions??? Thank you so much. Harriet

Re: Persistent Plantar facitis, bone spurs, sesmoiditis

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/20/02 at 05:26 (088083)

Hi Harriet:

Get a soft tissue scan (MRI or diagnostic Ultrasound) to confirm the fasciitis or sesamoiditis.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Benny C on 7/03/02 at 11:21 (089035)

I have continuosly pain in all the bones of my feet, this began about three years ago.
kindly revert to explain me what options you have for me.
I need your address in full.

Rgds

Benny C

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/20/02 at 05:26 (088083)

Hi Harriet:

Get a soft tissue scan (MRI or diagnostic Ultrasound) to confirm the fasciitis or sesamoiditis.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Benny C on 7/03/02 at 11:21 (089035)

I have continuosly pain in all the bones of my feet, this began about three years ago.
kindly revert to explain me what options you have for me.
I need your address in full.

Rgds

Benny C