Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question for Dr. Z

Posted by margie w on 6/20/02 at 01:27 (088078)

Hi Dr. Zuckerman,
Please read my story posted on 6/16/02 're:just wanting a virtual shoulder...'. We have Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia (POS). Dr. Cross, who did my Ossotron treatment is not on this plan. I found only one group of podiatrists in the Atlanta area that are on this plan and that are on the Ossotron (Healthtronics) website. They are in a group with Drs. Anthony Cutsurries and David Helfman. Ever heard of them? My question is: Do you know whether BC/BS would/not cover? Any dealings with them? Any suggestions on how I would go about getting them to cover ESWT? It makes me so mad that it is still considered experimental after knowing first hand for myself and my husband that it is the most effective method of taking care of this problem. I REALLY WANT TO WALK 4 MILES/DAY AGAIN...SOMEDAY SOON!!!!!!!! Also, I have had 2 bad experiences with orthotics and could not wear them. What inserts would you recommend for my Nike running shoes (to walk)? Powerstep inserts or custom insole kit?
Thanks for your help!!!!!

Re: question for Dr. Z

Laurie R on 6/20/02 at 16:30 (088157)

Hi Margie , I have all the info you need , I have a great friend that has your same insurance and went and had this done with the doctor you are talking about . Can you please post your email address and my friend will email you all the info you need.... If you don't want to post your email address you can email me adn I will forward it on to my friend ... (email removed) ...... Let me know , my very best to you , Laurie R

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/20/02 at 18:08 (088162)

Hi

What you need to do is have your potential ESWT provider send in a pre-certification letter to your insurance company. I will go back and read your postings. No I haven't heard of these docs but its a large doctor world. I love powersteps. They have a 30 return policy if you don't like them.

john h on 6/21/02 at 09:43 (088200)

I still have and use the Power Steps you gave me Dr. Z. I have them in my shoes at the helth club. They seem to be as good as the high end custom orthotics in my case.

Laurie R on 6/20/02 at 16:30 (088157)

Hi Margie , I have all the info you need , I have a great friend that has your same insurance and went and had this done with the doctor you are talking about . Can you please post your email address and my friend will email you all the info you need.... If you don't want to post your email address you can email me adn I will forward it on to my friend ... (email removed) ...... Let me know , my very best to you , Laurie R

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/20/02 at 18:08 (088162)

Hi

What you need to do is have your potential ESWT provider send in a pre-certification letter to your insurance company. I will go back and read your postings. No I haven't heard of these docs but its a large doctor world. I love powersteps. They have a 30 return policy if you don't like them.

john h on 6/21/02 at 09:43 (088200)

I still have and use the Power Steps you gave me Dr. Z. I have them in my shoes at the helth club. They seem to be as good as the high end custom orthotics in my case.