Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Biofit

Posted by Ashley S. on 6/20/02 at 08:21 (088095)

Hi, Pod recomended a 'Biofit' orthotic with Sas free time shoe. I cannot find that brand of orthotic online - there is only one specialty store here that carries it. Has anyone heard of it?? Also, if I take out the footbed in the SAS shoe, what is the point in having the SAS?? I would rather get a better looking athletic shoe - cheaper too - and take out the footbed. Thoughts???

Ashley

Re: Biofit

Suzanne D on 6/20/02 at 09:03 (088103)

Hi, Ashley! I remember your posting about that orthotic which you would use in the SAS Free Time shoe. I noticed it particularly as I wear the SAS Free Times. I leave the removable footbed in the shoe and then place my 3/4 length blue Birkenstock inserts on top of that. I had read about how important it is for the orthotic to interface well with the shoe, and it does that nicely in my shoes with the insole in. It fits down smoothly with no gaps. Since it is a deep shoe and my inserts are not thick, that works fine for me. I tried the inserts without the removable footbed, and in my case it did not feel nearly as good. But I do not know about the Biofit. I have not heard of them other than from your post. Did you see the Biofit at the specialty store you mentioned? How thick is it? You might see if it would work with the SAS footbed still in the shoe unless your Pod told you to take it out.

I thought I would just share my experience with you.

Suzanne :-)

Ashley S. on 6/20/02 at 12:54 (088139)

I have not gone to get the insole yet. I really would like to use it in another shoe before buying the SAS....I'll have to go get them and let you know how it feels. Just don't know the point of the SAS shoe if I have to remove the footbed.

Ashley

Suzanne D on 6/20/02 at 09:03 (088103)

Hi, Ashley! I remember your posting about that orthotic which you would use in the SAS Free Time shoe. I noticed it particularly as I wear the SAS Free Times. I leave the removable footbed in the shoe and then place my 3/4 length blue Birkenstock inserts on top of that. I had read about how important it is for the orthotic to interface well with the shoe, and it does that nicely in my shoes with the insole in. It fits down smoothly with no gaps. Since it is a deep shoe and my inserts are not thick, that works fine for me. I tried the inserts without the removable footbed, and in my case it did not feel nearly as good. But I do not know about the Biofit. I have not heard of them other than from your post. Did you see the Biofit at the specialty store you mentioned? How thick is it? You might see if it would work with the SAS footbed still in the shoe unless your Pod told you to take it out.

I thought I would just share my experience with you.

Suzanne :-)

Ashley S. on 6/20/02 at 12:54 (088139)

I have not gone to get the insole yet. I really would like to use it in another shoe before buying the SAS....I'll have to go get them and let you know how it feels. Just don't know the point of the SAS shoe if I have to remove the footbed.

Ashley