Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New deep footbed Birks

Posted by Missy B on 6/20/02 at 09:58 (088117)

For all you Birkenstock fans, there is a new style out that is made with a special deep footbed that is supposed to provide more arch support. If you have not seen it in the stores, you can check it out on the website: http://www.Birkenstock-cn.com . Click on the orthopedic icon to view the styles - several sandals and a few clog types. I have not tried them yet, but hope to in the near future - I love my old Birks and they are a great alternative to my athletic shoes which have my custom orthotics in them. I am hoping that this new footbed style may offer a little more support now that I have had my PF/TT surgery. Just thought I would pass this on.
Missy B.

Re: New deep footbed Birks

nancy s. on 6/20/02 at 16:27 (088156)

missy, i just went to birkenstock central to check these out, and i couldn't find exactly what you're referring to. there are several choices under orthopaedics, and i didn't find any actual shoes or sandals -- just footbeds, inserts, custom footbeds, and so on.

i probably gave up too soon. can you say exactly what to click on after you've reached the orthopaedics section? i really would like to see them.

thanks from nancy

Missy B on 6/20/02 at 19:44 (088166)

Hi Nancy,
If you go to the website I mentioned, on the left side of the home page is a list of some of the styles like Tatami, Papillio, Birkies, etc. If you click on the blue box (under the word Birko) that has the word 'orthopadie' in it, you will go to the page explaining the new footbed style. Of you can also click on the picture of the white sandal that is in the display box in the middle of the page called Footprints by Birkenstock ( underneath the sandal it says 'New deep footbed styles') - this will also take you to the page explaining this new Birk. If you scroll down past the explanation of the footbed you will see the styles and the approx. price. They are named after the continents - America, Europe, Australia, Africa, and Asia.
Missy B.

nancy s. on 6/20/02 at 21:16 (088177)

thanks, missy -- i've printed out your thorough instructions and they should get me there.

nancy

p.s. i knew a missy in high school. i often wonder if i'm writing with a person on this board that i knew earlier in life!

Missy B on 6/20/02 at 22:15 (088178)

Hi Nancy - unless you went to school in a small town in Western Maryland, then I am not your long lost classmate. But thanks for the thought and I hope you find the info on the Birks.
Missy B.

nancy s. on 6/20/02 at 16:27 (088156)

missy, i just went to birkenstock central to check these out, and i couldn't find exactly what you're referring to. there are several choices under orthopaedics, and i didn't find any actual shoes or sandals -- just footbeds, inserts, custom footbeds, and so on.

i probably gave up too soon. can you say exactly what to click on after you've reached the orthopaedics section? i really would like to see them.

thanks from nancy

Missy B on 6/20/02 at 19:44 (088166)

Hi Nancy,
If you go to the website I mentioned, on the left side of the home page is a list of some of the styles like Tatami, Papillio, Birkies, etc. If you click on the blue box (under the word Birko) that has the word 'orthopadie' in it, you will go to the page explaining the new footbed style. Of you can also click on the picture of the white sandal that is in the display box in the middle of the page called Footprints by Birkenstock ( underneath the sandal it says 'New deep footbed styles') - this will also take you to the page explaining this new Birk. If you scroll down past the explanation of the footbed you will see the styles and the approx. price. They are named after the continents - America, Europe, Australia, Africa, and Asia.
Missy B.

nancy s. on 6/20/02 at 21:16 (088177)

thanks, missy -- i've printed out your thorough instructions and they should get me there.

nancy

p.s. i knew a missy in high school. i often wonder if i'm writing with a person on this board that i knew earlier in life!

Missy B on 6/20/02 at 22:15 (088178)

Hi Nancy - unless you went to school in a small town in Western Maryland, then I am not your long lost classmate. But thanks for the thought and I hope you find the info on the Birks.
Missy B.