Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain

Posted by Mick D on 6/20/02 at 10:53 (088125)

I have severe pain in both of my heels. In one foot I can feel pain in six different spots anywhere from the side to the bottome to the back of my heels. The pain is very severe when I get up from bed, and doesn't go away the entire day, however, it does let up enough that I can walk a little. Does this sound like heel spurs or something else? Last September I got an injection in one of my heels and I am hoping to get another one in about a month. On a scale of 1to 10 for pain, 10 being the worst, the pain is 10 and I have a high resistence to pain.

Re: Heel pain

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/21/02 at 04:59 (088185)

Hi Mick:

It sounds like heel spur syndrome with plantar fasciitis. Why don't you get an X-RAY and soft tissue scan. I would thant start an aggrssive physical therapy regimen and back off the injections. You need to read Scott's heel pain book.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Heel pain

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/21/02 at 04:59 (088185)

Hi Mick:

It sounds like heel spur syndrome with plantar fasciitis. Why don't you get an X-RAY and soft tissue scan. I would thant start an aggrssive physical therapy regimen and back off the injections. You need to read Scott's heel pain book.

Dr. John Cozzarelli