Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hiking Poles

Posted by john h on 6/20/02 at 10:55 (088126)

Last year when I hiked up a mountain I took along a home made hiking pole which I found took a lot of load off my feet and was almost esential on the terrain. I notice a number of walkers using hiking poles and may be of interest to those of you who walk. I know Julie uses a hiking pole she found in Greece. After some research I found that there is a whole world of hiking/walking poles. They are adustable to your height, light, fold up and worth look at. I think Trek is probably considered one of the premier manufacturer of hiking poles (Made in Italy). Take a look at them on
http://www.trekpoles.com

Re: Hiking Poles

john h on 6/20/02 at 10:58 (088127)

The one I purchased was the Master's Classic at $29.95

Re: Question about Hiking Poles

Carole C in NOLA on 6/25/02 at 17:28 (088431)

That is the one that looked best to me too. But John, I have a question. (Please bear with me because I've never even seen anyone using these.)

Do people use these hiking poles in the city on concrete or perhaps even inside, or are they only for use in dirt or rugged terrain? They look light and a lot more convenient than some walking aids, unless they leave little pock marks on the floor or maybe they are too jarring to use on concrete.

Carole C

Re: Hiking Poles

john h on 6/20/02 at 10:58 (088127)

The one I purchased was the Master's Classic at $29.95

Re: Question about Hiking Poles

Carole C in NOLA on 6/25/02 at 17:28 (088431)

That is the one that looked best to me too. But John, I have a question. (Please bear with me because I've never even seen anyone using these.)

Do people use these hiking poles in the city on concrete or perhaps even inside, or are they only for use in dirt or rugged terrain? They look light and a lot more convenient than some walking aids, unless they leave little pock marks on the floor or maybe they are too jarring to use on concrete.

Carole C