Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sorry our teams lost, Rachel W!

Posted by Kathy G on 6/21/02 at 10:59 (088209)

Hi Rachel,

As I said, I'm not a World Cup fan, but I'm sorry to see that both the US and England lost today. Will people in Britain still continue to follow their local teams? Is it still soccer season over there?

For our kids, soccer season is over. It's primarily a Fall sport but since it's become much more popular, the non-school leagues now play in the Spring, too. They usually have their final tournament on Memorial Day weekend (around May 25th or so).

Have a nice weekend!

Re: Sorry our teams lost, Rachel W!

Rachel W. on 6/21/02 at 11:32 (088212)

Kathy,

I waited to see how U.S.A. did before I went on the web. Sorry, it's a shame. England are in mourning, I think, today. It was all so hyped up and now its all over. Never mind, here's looking forward to 4 years time.

I'm not really a football fan, although my husband and boys are, but I just got carried away with the World cup. You have to in this country, there's no getting away from it, but everything will go back to normal now.

I'm not sure whether the local football season is over yet. I'll have to ask Les (my husband) and get back to you. See, I'm not that much of a fanatic about football normally. I don't even know something like that.

Thanks for the interest anyway.

Rachel.

Re: Sorry our teams lost, Rachel W!

Rachel W. on 6/21/02 at 11:32 (088212)

Kathy,

I waited to see how U.S.A. did before I went on the web. Sorry, it's a shame. England are in mourning, I think, today. It was all so hyped up and now its all over. Never mind, here's looking forward to 4 years time.

I'm not really a football fan, although my husband and boys are, but I just got carried away with the World cup. You have to in this country, there's no getting away from it, but everything will go back to normal now.

I'm not sure whether the local football season is over yet. I'll have to ask Les (my husband) and get back to you. See, I'm not that much of a fanatic about football normally. I don't even know something like that.

Thanks for the interest anyway.

Rachel.