Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post ESWT update

Posted by Carmel M on 6/21/02 at 21:56 (088262)

Hi all,

I thought it was time for another update. It's been exactly 8 weeks since my last ESWT treatment at Bayshore ESWT Clinic in Toronto. I'm not 'cured' as I had hoped but I am better. I'm down to a pain level of 3.5-4 instead 7.

I'm still really careful about how I treat my feet. I haven't yet ventured out for a real honest-to-God walk, because I get enough time on my feet keeping up with the children. I've just recently resumed the dreaded grocery shopping and I'm still a little sore after that, but it is better than before ESWT. I sit as much as I can when doing chores or preparing dinner in the kithchen, and that seems to help. The one thing I still cannot tolerate for very long is standing in one spot. Within five minutes I'm achy and irritable!

So that's about it...not a huge change, but at least it's a step in the right direction. Honestly, I try not to think about it too much. I still get a little depressed when I face the fact that I'm not Healed. But there is still hope and I haven't given up!

Take care all!
Carmel

Re: Post ESWT update

Jean P. on 7/01/02 at 07:08 (088855)

Dear Carmel,

I am considering going to Toronto for ESWT. Were you happy with your treatment there? Will they give you additional treatments since you are still experiencing pain?

Thanks for your input.

Re: Post ESWT update

Jean P. on 7/01/02 at 07:08 (088855)

Dear Carmel,

I am considering going to Toronto for ESWT. Were you happy with your treatment there? Will they give you additional treatments since you are still experiencing pain?

Thanks for your input.