Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

doctors, peds, folks what think of brooks beast

Posted by paula on 6/22/02 at 08:37 (088280)

i have to go to montgomery monday for a ucbl for post tib tendon dysfunction. i also have to get a good shoe to put it in. my shoe store here is telling me i need a brooks beast (ladies version). i told him i have flat feet pronate and also twist my ankles from every direction but mostly laterally. go figure. he said brooks beast was the best for me. i'd like some opinions here before i shell out more money

Re: doctors, peds, folks what think of brooks beast

paula on 6/22/02 at 08:41 (088281)

oh and onother question i wanted to ask doctors. how is it that i have post tib tendon dysfunction but my worst problem is lateral ankle twists? this makes no sense to me. wouldn't it be on the inside of ankles that i'd feel pain or have problems? but no. it is only on outside at this point that i have p roblems and various pains.

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/22/02 at 12:11 (088297)

Paula:

That is a somewhat unusual mix of problems. Wish I could examine you to figure out what is going on. it is possible to be overpronated but have weak ankle ligaments.

The Brooks Beast and New Balance 1121 would probably be two shoes at the top of my list for individuals with post. tib. tendon dysfunction.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/22/02 at 12:20 (088301)

ps. The women's version of the Brooks Beast has been renamed the Brooks 'Ariel.'
Ed

paula on 6/22/02 at 18:41 (088312)

thanks dr ed. i wish i could see you but you are too far. i'm now thinking the richie brace might help with both the post tib and the ankle insufficiency. this is my new idea. what do you think? i have already just paid for a ucbl so i'll give it a try first i reckon. this is my upteenth attempt at an orthotic,

paula on 6/22/02 at 08:41 (088281)

oh and onother question i wanted to ask doctors. how is it that i have post tib tendon dysfunction but my worst problem is lateral ankle twists? this makes no sense to me. wouldn't it be on the inside of ankles that i'd feel pain or have problems? but no. it is only on outside at this point that i have p roblems and various pains.

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/22/02 at 12:11 (088297)

Paula:

That is a somewhat unusual mix of problems. Wish I could examine you to figure out what is going on. it is possible to be overpronated but have weak ankle ligaments.

The Brooks Beast and New Balance 1121 would probably be two shoes at the top of my list for individuals with post. tib. tendon dysfunction.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/22/02 at 12:20 (088301)

ps. The women's version of the Brooks Beast has been renamed the Brooks 'Ariel.'
Ed

paula on 6/22/02 at 18:41 (088312)

thanks dr ed. i wish i could see you but you are too far. i'm now thinking the richie brace might help with both the post tib and the ankle insufficiency. this is my new idea. what do you think? i have already just paid for a ucbl so i'll give it a try first i reckon. this is my upteenth attempt at an orthotic,