Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Zuckerman a question 4 U

Posted by Carolyn F. on 6/23/02 at 23:20 (088357)

Hi, its Carolyn. You saw me with my dad two weeks ago. I still have a lot of tightness and severe pain in the 'arch' (what I call the arch - more to the left of the foot though)of my foot. The anti-inflamitories are not doing anything, nor aleve or tylenol. It is the left foot. I have had flare ups from the PF before , but they have always subsided with the Relafen. I am worried that it is something more serious as it has been about 6 weeks now with no improvement and my ESWT is on July 5th. Is it possible to cause more damage if this is not from PF or could the ESWT clear it up. Looking for any suggestions. Pain meds will not do the trick this time.

Thanks - Carolyn F.

Re: Dr. Zuckerman a question 4 U

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/24/02 at 20:51 (088397)

Hi

The ESWT could help to clear this up. Try using ice, taping at this point. Have you tried ice?

Carolyn F. on 6/25/02 at 09:14 (088406)

I have tried tape in the past and it has always irritated me. The icing was not working for my PF in general. However last nite I tried it for this flare up and I will continue and see what happens. Thanks

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/24/02 at 20:51 (088397)

Hi

The ESWT could help to clear this up. Try using ice, taping at this point. Have you tried ice?

Carolyn F. on 6/25/02 at 09:14 (088406)

I have tried tape in the past and it has always irritated me. The icing was not working for my PF in general. However last nite I tried it for this flare up and I will continue and see what happens. Thanks