Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I COULD CUT OFF MY FEET

Posted by WANDA M on 6/24/02 at 14:28 (088379)

Guess that is a little far out!!! Hello any Dr outthere need to ask a question
Is there any device to take the neuroma pain from the ball of my foot. I am talking about something that could support the weight of your foot to take the pressure off the neuroma's?
I have had the B-12 injections for a about a yr and they did work, but now i am back at my home in Ga. and my dr was in Tampa so i cant get them anymore. Also does anyone know of a good (nerve Dr) close to the atlanta area or outskirts? I have TT in both feet so my nereves are about shot find my self gettting depressed.
If anyone believes in prayer please pray for the pain to go away.
Thanks for the ear, right now i dont have insurance so will have to suffer until my husbands insurance kicks in.

Re: I COULD CUT OFF MY FEET

Mar on 6/24/02 at 20:45 (088396)

What about custom orthotics? I have severe ball of foot pain on and off with the orthotics, but had it all the time before I got them. Just a thought. Mar

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/25/02 at 04:47 (088402)

Hi Mar:

With the nerve pain why don't you begin a Sclerosing injection regiemn. It uses dilute alcohol not cortsione to alleviate the neuroma. Also Stereotactic Radio Frequency lesioning can be done for the neuroma. It is a needle which is inserted inbetween the toes which decreases the sensativity of the neuroma via a puncture. There are no incisions and or stitches.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

WANDA M on 6/25/02 at 09:52 (088408)

Thanks for the reply Dr Cozzarelli,and that does sound like what i need. But how does one go about finding a dr that does that? Would i just call and ask the gal at the front or what? The pain is so intense till i just want to scream and to top all that off i think i feel it in my other foot. I tell u this CURSE HAS TO BE FROM HELL!!!!!!!!
I live about 50 west of Atlanta and i am in a small town so our dr's are alot to be desired. Where are you ? what town do u practice in?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/25/02 at 10:59 (088410)

Hi Wanda:

I practice in Belleville, New Jersey and White Plains, New York. Belleville is next to Newark, NJ. Unfortunuatley there are only two Nornier Epos Ultra machines on the East Coast. One is Massachussetts and the other unit is located in New Jersey. I know that Doctor's Hospital in Atalata is very well respected. I don't know if they are doing ESWT. It may be worth a phone call before flying up north.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Ron P. on 6/26/02 at 13:35 (088504)

Hi Wanda Why don't you call Dr Kiper... his solution helped me. He will give you a free consultation for 10min or so. No surgery or long distances but the Silicone takes time ...2 weeks before you definitely feel it & 6 mo.s for full effect. Its worth a shot ... his # is 800 DRKIPER. GL Ron Sunnyvale CA

Mar on 6/24/02 at 20:45 (088396)

What about custom orthotics? I have severe ball of foot pain on and off with the orthotics, but had it all the time before I got them. Just a thought. Mar

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/25/02 at 04:47 (088402)

Hi Mar:

With the nerve pain why don't you begin a Sclerosing injection regiemn. It uses dilute alcohol not cortsione to alleviate the neuroma. Also Stereotactic Radio Frequency lesioning can be done for the neuroma. It is a needle which is inserted inbetween the toes which decreases the sensativity of the neuroma via a puncture. There are no incisions and or stitches.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

WANDA M on 6/25/02 at 09:52 (088408)

Thanks for the reply Dr Cozzarelli,and that does sound like what i need. But how does one go about finding a dr that does that? Would i just call and ask the gal at the front or what? The pain is so intense till i just want to scream and to top all that off i think i feel it in my other foot. I tell u this CURSE HAS TO BE FROM HELL!!!!!!!!
I live about 50 west of Atlanta and i am in a small town so our dr's are alot to be desired. Where are you ? what town do u practice in?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 6/25/02 at 10:59 (088410)

Hi Wanda:

I practice in Belleville, New Jersey and White Plains, New York. Belleville is next to Newark, NJ. Unfortunuatley there are only two Nornier Epos Ultra machines on the East Coast. One is Massachussetts and the other unit is located in New Jersey. I know that Doctor's Hospital in Atalata is very well respected. I don't know if they are doing ESWT. It may be worth a phone call before flying up north.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Ron P. on 6/26/02 at 13:35 (088504)

Hi Wanda Why don't you call Dr Kiper... his solution helped me. He will give you a free consultation for 10min or so. No surgery or long distances but the Silicone takes time ...2 weeks before you definitely feel it & 6 mo.s for full effect. Its worth a shot ... his # is 800 DRKIPER. GL Ron Sunnyvale CA