Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Florida vacation

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 6/25/02 at 12:11 (088414)

My Florida vacation was a welcome break from the usual routine at work, although it either sprinkled, poured down rain, or seemed about to rain the entire time. Sunday was my last day there, and according to the weather channel it rained 9 inches in some parts of Fort Lauderdale near me (though we probably had quite a bit less at the hotel).

Rain didn't keep us from looking for a house or condo for my brother, which was the reason for the trip. We found several developments that interest him. We also went on 'The Jungle Queen' which is a boat tour through the canals, looking at the homes of the rich and famous, and ending with alligator wrestling and some beautiful birds. We had some wonderful food so I hope I did not gain (didn't have the courage to weigh yet today).

My feet 'took a licking and kept on ticking'. I drove ten and a half hours down, and twelve hours back, and that did not seem to bother my feet. I was sharing the motel room with my brother, and I did not want to tell him about my feet. So, I did not wear my Birkenstocks very much and I only used my shower shoes one night. Also, there was a lot of walking on concrete from model home to model home, and from shop to shop along Las Olas Blvd (which my brother says is like the Rodeo Drive of Fort Lauderdale... beautiful things for those who can afford them). Between the two, my feet felt tired and achy but not in a scary way. Right now, they hurt but I think that with two or three days rest they'll be back to normal. My arthritic knees and hip started hurting again, so I guess it was the rest and not the NB 991's that was helping them. I wore the 991's just about constantly.

I didn't get a chance to walk in the sand or swim. We didn't even go to the beach because of the rain. Also, they have parking meters by the beach in Fort Lauderdale! I was astonished at that, although with so many tourists that makes sense. It does make 'communing with nature' seem a little mundane, though.

We saw some beautiful and very HUGE ocean liners that were docked right outside our hotel, and sat outside under the eaves with other hotel guests watching them depart our last night there.

Carole C

Re: Florida vacation

Suzanne D on 6/25/02 at 15:18 (088419)

Hello, Carole! I have thought of you often as you were gone and am glad to know you had a nice trip and arrived back safely. Just think: you would not have imagined back in December that your feet would have allowed you to take such a vacation!

I hope in 2 or 3 days that your feet will be back to normal. Are you back at work now?

You will notice that the 'traffic' on the message boards has slowed considerably. It is good to have you back. I've been looking for a post from you!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/25/02 at 16:42 (088425)

Yes, I went to work today but didn't have time to look at the message board from work. I had so many work-related e-mails waiting for me when I got back! I'm scarcely done with them even now.

I was really surprised at how the message board has slowed down, though I'm sure that with a little effort we can try to get things moving again. It makes such a difference to new posters, because it is easier to hope that a message might be answered on a busier message board. I haven't read the messages that were posted while I was gone, at least not yet. It looks like there were some interesting threads, though I hate to post on an old thread because nobody would see it.

I'm so glad to be back in Louisiana. I had daydreamed about perhaps retiring to Florida one day, but now that I've seen Florida, I'm more certain than ever that I want to retire here in southeastern Louisiana. When I crossed the state line back into Louisiana, I cheered! Louisiana has problems, especially economic problems, but Louisiana has so much to offer, too.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 6/25/02 at 15:18 (088419)

Hello, Carole! I have thought of you often as you were gone and am glad to know you had a nice trip and arrived back safely. Just think: you would not have imagined back in December that your feet would have allowed you to take such a vacation!

I hope in 2 or 3 days that your feet will be back to normal. Are you back at work now?

You will notice that the 'traffic' on the message boards has slowed considerably. It is good to have you back. I've been looking for a post from you!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/25/02 at 16:42 (088425)

Yes, I went to work today but didn't have time to look at the message board from work. I had so many work-related e-mails waiting for me when I got back! I'm scarcely done with them even now.

I was really surprised at how the message board has slowed down, though I'm sure that with a little effort we can try to get things moving again. It makes such a difference to new posters, because it is easier to hope that a message might be answered on a busier message board. I haven't read the messages that were posted while I was gone, at least not yet. It looks like there were some interesting threads, though I hate to post on an old thread because nobody would see it.

I'm so glad to be back in Louisiana. I had daydreamed about perhaps retiring to Florida one day, but now that I've seen Florida, I'm more certain than ever that I want to retire here in southeastern Louisiana. When I crossed the state line back into Louisiana, I cheered! Louisiana has problems, especially economic problems, but Louisiana has so much to offer, too.

Carole C