Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

policemans heel

Posted by frank r on 6/26/02 at 08:24 (088480)

could you please explane the illnes to me thank you

Re: policemans heel

Carole C in NOLA on 6/26/02 at 11:34 (088495)

I've never heard of this term (I'm not a foot doctor). Could it be a common name for plantar fasciitis? Policemen directing traffic have to stand on concrete streets all day, and I can see how that might lead to plantar fasciitis.

A good starting place to learn more about plantar fasciitis is the heel pain book on this website.

Carole C

AmyM on 6/26/02 at 11:58 (088498)

Policeman's heel is another term for Plantar fasciitis. More commonly used in the UK and Australia. Have a read of the heelpain book on this site.

Rachel W. on 6/27/02 at 15:55 (088614)

I only recently heard of the saying 'policemans heel'. Last week infact. It was a neighbour of ours that my husband was chatting to about my feet.

Normally if anyone asks me or my husband what is wrong with my feet, if you say plantar fasciitis, they look at you as if you are talking foreign and say O.K. in a sarcastic voice. To be honest I'm sick of having to explain it every time. I feel like saying look up Heelspurs.com and you'll find out all about it.

Anyway, last week my husband was talking to this woman and my husband said that I had P.F. She said 'Oh, policemans heel, my sisters had that for about 20 years. Thats awful.

Although what she said about her sister wasn't much comfort in the fact that she has suffered for 20 years, but it was nice that we found someone that knew what it was and obviously sympathised. I had never heard of that name though but it must mean the same thing. As I live in the U.K. maybe it is a U.K. thing.

Rachel.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/26/02 at 11:34 (088495)

I've never heard of this term (I'm not a foot doctor). Could it be a common name for plantar fasciitis? Policemen directing traffic have to stand on concrete streets all day, and I can see how that might lead to plantar fasciitis.

A good starting place to learn more about plantar fasciitis is the heel pain book on this website.

Carole C

AmyM on 6/26/02 at 11:58 (088498)

Policeman's heel is another term for Plantar fasciitis. More commonly used in the UK and Australia. Have a read of the heelpain book on this site.

Rachel W. on 6/27/02 at 15:55 (088614)

I only recently heard of the saying 'policemans heel'. Last week infact. It was a neighbour of ours that my husband was chatting to about my feet.

Normally if anyone asks me or my husband what is wrong with my feet, if you say plantar fasciitis, they look at you as if you are talking foreign and say O.K. in a sarcastic voice. To be honest I'm sick of having to explain it every time. I feel like saying look up Heelspurs.com and you'll find out all about it.

Anyway, last week my husband was talking to this woman and my husband said that I had P.F. She said 'Oh, policemans heel, my sisters had that for about 20 years. Thats awful.

Although what she said about her sister wasn't much comfort in the fact that she has suffered for 20 years, but it was nice that we found someone that knew what it was and obviously sympathised. I had never heard of that name though but it must mean the same thing. As I live in the U.K. maybe it is a U.K. thing.

Rachel.