Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scott: I Suggest new Category

Posted by EKC on 6/26/02 at 08:24 (088481)

From reading the posts over the last few years, I see alot of people
in the same boat as me. What was initially diagnosed as PF or TTS
now turns out to be some neurological problem. I suggest you start
a new category, perhaps called 'Neuro Problems'.

Re: Scott: I Suggest new Category

scott r on 6/26/02 at 08:47 (088483)

Thanks. Maybe I should make the new board TTS / Neuro problems.

wendyn on 6/26/02 at 10:25 (088490)

Scott - you're probably right - neuro problems and TTS seem to go together for most of us.

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/26/02 at 16:26 (088522)

Of course, then there is also RSD, which occasionally evolves from TTS....
Perhaps the category could be called, 'TTS and associated problems.'
Ed

paula on 6/26/02 at 21:09 (088543)

well why we're at it, posterior tibial tendon dysfunction can cause wicked pf. i believe it is under diagnosed at it's beginning stages and more people on the board may have some stage of it than is realized. do you think a category for it might help this situation? i wonder what the docs think as well as scott.

nancy s. on 6/26/02 at 23:07 (088551)

maybe all the tendonitises associated with or resulting from pf -- i.e., achilles, peroneal, and posterior tibial. i had all of them in both feet as a result of a year of undertreated pf in one foot. info here on these possibilities -- their symptoms, how to prevent, etc. -- might save others from the almost equally disabling experience.

nancy

scott r on 6/26/02 at 08:47 (088483)

Thanks. Maybe I should make the new board TTS / Neuro problems.

wendyn on 6/26/02 at 10:25 (088490)

Scott - you're probably right - neuro problems and TTS seem to go together for most of us.

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/26/02 at 16:26 (088522)

Of course, then there is also RSD, which occasionally evolves from TTS....
Perhaps the category could be called, 'TTS and associated problems.'
Ed

paula on 6/26/02 at 21:09 (088543)

well why we're at it, posterior tibial tendon dysfunction can cause wicked pf. i believe it is under diagnosed at it's beginning stages and more people on the board may have some stage of it than is realized. do you think a category for it might help this situation? i wonder what the docs think as well as scott.

nancy s. on 6/26/02 at 23:07 (088551)

maybe all the tendonitises associated with or resulting from pf -- i.e., achilles, peroneal, and posterior tibial. i had all of them in both feet as a result of a year of undertreated pf in one foot. info here on these possibilities -- their symptoms, how to prevent, etc. -- might save others from the almost equally disabling experience.

nancy