Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Swollen Feet and Ankles

Posted by Rodney on 7/03/02 at 10:59 (089031)

I am trying to determine the source of problems I am having with my feet. I am 41 years old 6ft 210 lbs. Take Norvasc for high blood pressure which is now under control. I had been taking Prosac for stress until about a month ago. I don't know if it is related but that is the only thing that coninsides with the swelling of my feet and ankles. The swelling is minimal at morning and increases as the day goes on. What could this be? Any treatment you would recommend????

Re: Swollen Feet and Ankles

Gail R on 7/03/02 at 13:08 (089037)

I am not a doctor but my husband takes several meds for high blood pressure and his feet and ankles swell at night also. His doc tells him it is the medicines he takes. Gail

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/03/02 at 21:40 (089072)

This could also be from venous insuffiency . The blood returning to your heart has to travel via the viens. One or more of the valves could be mal-functioning. Very easy to rule with venous doppler ultrasound testing

Gail R on 7/03/02 at 13:08 (089037)

I am not a doctor but my husband takes several meds for high blood pressure and his feet and ankles swell at night also. His doc tells him it is the medicines he takes. Gail

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/03/02 at 21:40 (089072)

This could also be from venous insuffiency . The blood returning to your heart has to travel via the viens. One or more of the valves could be mal-functioning. Very easy to rule with venous doppler ultrasound testing