Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hello john and suzanne !

Posted by linda a on 7/05/02 at 16:02 (089187)

have you been to the site http://www.word-detective.com to look up the word . i typed in hokey and hokey town , it said i had some matches but i can not find the answer . do you know how to work the site ? i look at some of the other words and the meanings were very interesting . linda (Ky)

Re: hello john and suzanne !

Suzanne D on 7/05/02 at 21:03 (089194)

I just got home, Linda, and haven't had a chance to look yet, but I will when I have more time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You know, probably a lot of old time expressions I say aren't in ANY dictionary! :-)

I heard that tomorrow the temperatures should be in the high 80's instead of 90's. Won't that be nice?!

Suzanne :-)

Suzanne

linda a on 7/06/02 at 22:23 (089237)

suzanne ---- well the green grass that we had in the spring is now slowly turning brown . we packed up the van for a small trip to Georgetown,Ind to watch some movies at their drive-in . their drive-in is different from ours in louisville , because they have two screens that you can watch showing different movies . we are now down to one drive-in in louisville , quite different form the past when i was a lad , when we had several ( 5 ) . well my sister felt we had plenty of time to get the drive-in and we arrived 20 minutes before the movies were to start . sadly we were turned away due to Full- House . we will try again tomorrow hopefully a much earlier start . i read where you wrote about canoeing in elizabethtown . do you have a recreational / state park where you can rent canoes ? reason why i am asking i was supposed to be canoeing w/friends at marengo caves, Indiana ( blue river ) . but we might not go this monday , because of the times the canoe center opens up ( full day vs half-day ) . we wanted to do the half day , however it starts at 3:30 pm . much too late for us to get back to lousiville and work the night . i hope you had a nice / cool free ( ha ha !!! ) weekend w/ the july 4th events . i know you had some church events planned . i like the ' hokey town ' sounds neat to visit someday . linda ( Ky )

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:57 (089489)

Hi, Linda! I hope you were able to get into the drive-in the second time you went. That sounds like fun.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to post here and answer your question. There are no state parks here that I know of that rent canoes. The church camp where our community festival was held is on the Nolin River, and some people canoe there, but there are no canoes to rent.

I'm not sure where the closest place to go to rent canoes would be. I will ask around and try to let you know.

Hope you are doing alright, Linda! Are you still enjoying your new job?

Take care,

Suzanne D on 7/05/02 at 21:03 (089194)

I just got home, Linda, and haven't had a chance to look yet, but I will when I have more time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You know, probably a lot of old time expressions I say aren't in ANY dictionary! :-)

I heard that tomorrow the temperatures should be in the high 80's instead of 90's. Won't that be nice?!

Suzanne

linda a on 7/06/02 at 22:23 (089237)

suzanne ---- well the green grass that we had in the spring is now slowly turning brown . we packed up the van for a small trip to Georgetown,Ind to watch some movies at their drive-in . their drive-in is different from ours in louisville , because they have two screens that you can watch showing different movies . we are now down to one drive-in in louisville , quite different form the past when i was a lad , when we had several ( 5 ) . well my sister felt we had plenty of time to get the drive-in and we arrived 20 minutes before the movies were to start . sadly we were turned away due to Full- House . we will try again tomorrow hopefully a much earlier start . i read where you wrote about canoeing in elizabethtown . do you have a recreational / state park where you can rent canoes ? reason why i am asking i was supposed to be canoeing w/friends at marengo caves, Indiana ( blue river ) . but we might not go this monday , because of the times the canoe center opens up ( full day vs half-day ) . we wanted to do the half day , however it starts at 3:30 pm . much too late for us to get back to lousiville and work the night . i hope you had a nice / cool free ( ha ha !!! ) weekend w/ the july 4th events . i know you had some church events planned . i like the ' hokey town ' sounds neat to visit someday . linda ( Ky )

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:57 (089489)

Hi, Linda! I hope you were able to get into the drive-in the second time you went. That sounds like fun.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to post here and answer your question. There are no state parks here that I know of that rent canoes. The church camp where our community festival was held is on the Nolin River, and some people canoe there, but there are no canoes to rent.

I'm not sure where the closest place to go to rent canoes would be. I will ask around and try to let you know.

Hope you are doing alright, Linda! Are you still enjoying your new job?

Take care,