Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Posted by hazel m on 7/05/02 at 18:13 (089188)

I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED AS HAVING THIS AILMENT. I HAVE HAD A SERIES OF THREE SHOTS IN MY HEEL AND I AM TAKING PHYSICAL THERAPY. MY HEEL IS HURTING WORSE NOW. I WALK EVERY DAY ABOUT THREE MILES. WHILE I AM WALKING I HAVE NO PAIN BUT WHEN I AM FINISHED I AM IN GREAT PAIN. WHAT CAN I DO TO ALLEVIATE THE PAIN AT HOME?

Re: PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/05/02 at 19:13 (089190)

Hi

You must stop the walking. Plantar fasciitis is like having a broken bone. You must give it some rest to get it to heal. May need to be in a walking boot. What other treatments have you done. How long have you had this problem.?

tammy perrin on 7/05/02 at 23:19 (089201)

i am 37yrs old i have been told i have plantar fasciitis and heel spurs
i have also been told to have surgery. but i have talked to 4 women 2 relatives, 2 friends they have advised me against it they all are over weight like myself. 3 of them weigh less then me but are still considered
overweight. I am 5'7' 245lbs i have been up to 295lbs then down to 178lbs.
the pain started in feb of 98 or 99. i also have problems with my knees. i was in a car accident and hurt them, also in the last 4 years my back has
gone out on me, now when i sleep i wake up to roll over fall back to sleep just to wake up to roll over. is there any thing you can suggest that might help with the pain?. i have done ultrasound, tens, whirl pool, stretching, i can not take anything with a.s.a in it as i am allergic to it. i have just about given up hope.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/06/02 at 06:48 (089203)

I would first find out what role your back is playing with your plantar fasciitis. Have you talked about a local steriod injection or even oral steriod medication ?

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/05/02 at 19:13 (089190)

Hi

You must stop the walking. Plantar fasciitis is like having a broken bone. You must give it some rest to get it to heal. May need to be in a walking boot. What other treatments have you done. How long have you had this problem.?

tammy perrin on 7/05/02 at 23:19 (089201)

i am 37yrs old i have been told i have plantar fasciitis and heel spurs
i have also been told to have surgery. but i have talked to 4 women 2 relatives, 2 friends they have advised me against it they all are over weight like myself. 3 of them weigh less then me but are still considered
overweight. I am 5'7' 245lbs i have been up to 295lbs then down to 178lbs.
the pain started in feb of 98 or 99. i also have problems with my knees. i was in a car accident and hurt them, also in the last 4 years my back has
gone out on me, now when i sleep i wake up to roll over fall back to sleep just to wake up to roll over. is there any thing you can suggest that might help with the pain?. i have done ultrasound, tens, whirl pool, stretching, i can not take anything with a.s.a in it as i am allergic to it. i have just about given up hope.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/06/02 at 06:48 (089203)

I would first find out what role your back is playing with your plantar fasciitis. Have you talked about a local steriod injection or even oral steriod medication ?