Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur sugery-2 weeks ago

Posted by Julie on 7/06/02 at 10:48 (089207)

I had a heel spur removed 2 weeks ago. I was off work only 3 days. That was a mistake. The first week was very difficult. I was in a walking cast and miserable. It has now been 2 weeks, 2 days since sugery. I feel a lot better, but my incision isn't healing as well as I think it should. I do have a little pain with walking in the walking cast, but nothing like I had pre-surgery. I get the cast off the end of the week and that will be the true test. I will be wearing arch supports in my shoes when the cast comes off, and for the rest of my life.

Re: Heel spur sugery-2 weeks ago

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/06/02 at 17:39 (089224)

Rest, take it easy. This is going to take some time. Sometimes up to six months. The big mistake and this is very important is to push yourself so quickly

JLB on 7/12/02 at 07:02 (089527)

Julie, don't rush to get back on your feet. I had surgery last year, went back to work too soon and ended up having a second surgery this past march. I've been out of work for four months with this second surgery and am still having pain.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/06/02 at 17:39 (089224)

Rest, take it easy. This is going to take some time. Sometimes up to six months. The big mistake and this is very important is to push yourself so quickly

JLB on 7/12/02 at 07:02 (089527)

Julie, don't rush to get back on your feet. I had surgery last year, went back to work too soon and ended up having a second surgery this past march. I've been out of work for four months with this second surgery and am still having pain.