Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

insurance appeal success!

Posted by chrisd on 7/06/02 at 21:35 (089232)

Today I received a letter from my health insurance company. I fully expected another denial for ESWT but I was totally pleased and surprised to read that they had recently changed their policy concerning ESWT and that I was (from what I had written to them) a candidate for receiving the treatment. Next week I will find out more, I'm sure! I was planning on going to Canada for the treatment despite the cost and now it seems that I may be able to get treatment here that is covered by my health insurance.
I believe it was John (although I could be mistaken!)who wrote on this mesage board about the importance of appealing after getting an initial denial. Although I was ready to just pay the $$ and go to Canada, I took that info to heart and went through the effort of a second appeal. For whatever reason, it seems to have made a difference.So thanks for that message and also for this message board.
I have lived with this for more than 2 years, and the thought of maybe walking like a 'normal' person again makes me so very hopeful and happy.
thanks! Chris

Re: insurance appeal success!

Jean P. on 7/07/02 at 19:00 (089248)

Congratulations. Who is your health insurance company?

Re: insurance appeal success!

Jean P. on 7/07/02 at 19:00 (089248)

Congratulations. Who is your health insurance company?