Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

good feet store

Posted by Mike D on 7/08/02 at 23:56 (089335)

What about the good feet products? They work for 99% of my customers.
They have a lifetime warranty also, for most of them.
Mike

Re: good feet store

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/08/02 at 10:11 (089341)

Good feet products certainly have not worked for 99% of my patients. My personal feeling is that patient's are 'oversold' products that are basically off the shelf and not custom made, at prices that are almost equal to custom made. 99% is a very unrealistic success rate for any treatment or product. My feeling is that if a patient wants orthoses, he/she should seek the care of a podiatrist or pedorthist/orthotist that are not salesman working on a commission.

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/09/02 at 14:18 (089361)

David:

We, as licensed professionals, have a moral and legal obligation to provide accurate, truthful information to our patients. Realistically, there is no (or very few) modality in health care that can claim a 99% success rate. Lay salespeople are not bound by the same obligations that we have. They do not have to produce studies to back up their claims, often have minimal consequences for innacurate or exaggerated claims and the public may have limited recourse when such products do not perform as claimed.
Ed

Barbara s on 7/10/02 at 21:42 (089448)

Mike D. I don't agree with you at all. I tried the Good Feet Store and believe they made my pf worse. If they have such a great sucess rate,why do they not offer a full cash refund if their products don't work. All they over is in store credit, why would you want to keep trying something that doesn't work? Barbara S.

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/08/02 at 10:11 (089341)

Good feet products certainly have not worked for 99% of my patients. My personal feeling is that patient's are 'oversold' products that are basically off the shelf and not custom made, at prices that are almost equal to custom made. 99% is a very unrealistic success rate for any treatment or product. My feeling is that if a patient wants orthoses, he/she should seek the care of a podiatrist or pedorthist/orthotist that are not salesman working on a commission.

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/09/02 at 14:18 (089361)

David:

We, as licensed professionals, have a moral and legal obligation to provide accurate, truthful information to our patients. Realistically, there is no (or very few) modality in health care that can claim a 99% success rate. Lay salespeople are not bound by the same obligations that we have. They do not have to produce studies to back up their claims, often have minimal consequences for innacurate or exaggerated claims and the public may have limited recourse when such products do not perform as claimed.
Ed

Barbara s on 7/10/02 at 21:42 (089448)

Mike D. I don't agree with you at all. I tried the Good Feet Store and believe they made my pf worse. If they have such a great sucess rate,why do they not offer a full cash refund if their products don't work. All they over is in store credit, why would you want to keep trying something that doesn't work? Barbara S.