Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update post eswt

Posted by dave r on 7/10/02 at 07:59 (089403)

Hi all. It will be 15 weeks post eswt for me this Friday. I had eswt performed on both heels at the insertion point of the plantar fascia. I can say that i have had only some slight improvement on both feet. I still have alot of pain on the lateral side of both heels. I will have another treatment done sometime in August because i believe in it so much. Hopefully i can get in to see doctor Z again in the middle of the month.

Re: update post eswt

David G. on 7/11/02 at 15:18 (089484)

I had my procedure done to both feet in late May and would characterize my experience/progress similiarly. I too believe in it and am hopeful for treatments 2 and 3 if necessary.

Shane on 7/11/02 at 17:40 (089497)

I agree too! I am now 9 weeks after ESWT, but I might be having better results than the both of you. My morning arch pain is gone and I can finally stand for a little while and can tolerate a little walking. I do have good and bad days though. Dr. Z. recommend 8 more weeks to see if I improve anymore, otherwise I'll have a follow-up treatment. I am absolutely positive that ESWT works. I'm doing way better than with any other conservative treatment. I'm keeping a positive outlook for pain free feet in the near future!

Shane

Re: 5 weeks post ESWT for me

Ardee W. on 7/11/02 at 22:03 (089519)

I have had dramatic improvement the last two weeks.....so much so, that I have been afraid to say much to anyone because I guess I didn't believe it would last. I actually went barefoot today in the wading pool with my grandkids and swung them through the water!

Just curious as to what post treatment care people are doing. I have been doing my stretches everyday and still take Vioxx. Also have been icing after hot water jacuzzi on my feet. Also wearing birks and custom orthotics in tennis shoes. The first month, I didn't pick up any kids or do heavy housework or yardwork.

What is everyone else doing? I pray for my improvements to be everyone's experience here....what a difference it makes.....

Blessings and peace.

Monte on 7/11/02 at 23:02 (089524)

I am 8 weeks post treatment and am starting to notice a reduduction in the heel pains. The pain has reduced. Very rare is there a sharo stabbing pain. The arches still hurt/burn/sting. And the outside portion of the bottoms of my feet are sore. I think another treatment is needed, but I do beleive that it is going in the right direction. I can stand still a little longer now. If ESWT can knock out the arch pains, we will be in business.

David G. on 7/11/02 at 15:18 (089484)

I had my procedure done to both feet in late May and would characterize my experience/progress similiarly. I too believe in it and am hopeful for treatments 2 and 3 if necessary.

Shane on 7/11/02 at 17:40 (089497)

I agree too! I am now 9 weeks after ESWT, but I might be having better results than the both of you. My morning arch pain is gone and I can finally stand for a little while and can tolerate a little walking. I do have good and bad days though. Dr. Z. recommend 8 more weeks to see if I improve anymore, otherwise I'll have a follow-up treatment. I am absolutely positive that ESWT works. I'm doing way better than with any other conservative treatment. I'm keeping a positive outlook for pain free feet in the near future!

Shane

Ardee W. on 7/11/02 at 22:03 (089519)

I have had dramatic improvement the last two weeks.....so much so, that I have been afraid to say much to anyone because I guess I didn't believe it would last. I actually went barefoot today in the wading pool with my grandkids and swung them through the water!

Just curious as to what post treatment care people are doing. I have been doing my stretches everyday and still take Vioxx. Also have been icing after hot water jacuzzi on my feet. Also wearing birks and custom orthotics in tennis shoes. The first month, I didn't pick up any kids or do heavy housework or yardwork.

What is everyone else doing? I pray for my improvements to be everyone's experience here....what a difference it makes.....

Blessings and peace.

Monte on 7/11/02 at 23:02 (089524)

I am 8 weeks post treatment and am starting to notice a reduduction in the heel pains. The pain has reduced. Very rare is there a sharo stabbing pain. The arches still hurt/burn/sting. And the outside portion of the bottoms of my feet are sore. I think another treatment is needed, but I do beleive that it is going in the right direction. I can stand still a little longer now. If ESWT can knock out the arch pains, we will be in business.