Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Comfortable and helpful house-slippers

Posted by Roberta K. on 7/10/02 at 12:55 (089414)

First of all, I want to express my appreciation for this wonderful website and all the information that all contributors have provided to me. I developed pf suddenly in March, and have been through the usual conservative therapy: ice, stretching exercises, night splint, and one steroid injection. Finally, my heel pain is gone (!) and I have some minor pain medial to my Achilles tendon. I know from reading many of these posts, that I am fortunate to have had such a short course of acute pain.
My real reason for posting is to tell you that I bought house-slippers made of 'Tempur-pedic' padding, a viscoelastic foam that is being sold mainly as a pillow or bed padding. The slippers are extremely soft, and completely displace the pressure on your heel when you stand and walk. They are sold at Brookstone, and I haven't seen them anywhere else. I wish I could get shoe inserts made of the same material, and I have thought about buying a pillow and cutting it up. I really recommend the house-slippers, so check them out, and good luck to everyone with their treatments.

Re: Comfortable and helpful house-slippers

JoAnn V on 7/11/02 at 00:18 (089457)

They are really nice looking slippers! You can see them at brookstone.com put 'slippers' in the search box and it will go there. I have also wished they would make inserts also, I had the same idea.

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 09:04 (089464)

Thanks, Roberta, for the tip! I am currently looking for some comfortable slippers. I know that many posters here just wear their Birkenstocks but I don't find them comfortable and my current slippers were comfortable but have gotten worn. They've also been discontinued.

There are a lot of Brookstone's around here as their company headquarters is just up the road from me in Peterborough, NH. We have four of them, all within about 30 minutes of us, so I shouldn't have any trouble finding them!

Thanks again!

CatherineL on 7/11/02 at 10:57 (089470)

Roberta,

I wear birks aroudn the house. I used to wear slippers. When you mentioned the material used I thought about buying a pillow and cutting it up!!! It was quite funny to read on and see you were thinking the same thing!
cl

Re: Timberland Mountain Athletic flip flops

Sandy H. on 7/11/02 at 22:21 (089520)

Timberland Mountain Athletic make some flip flops which I've found really good around the house and at swimming pools etc. (not good for walking far but very comfortable to stand in and less aggressive footbed than birks which I can't stand)

JoAnn V on 7/11/02 at 00:18 (089457)

They are really nice looking slippers! You can see them at brookstone.com put 'slippers' in the search box and it will go there. I have also wished they would make inserts also, I had the same idea.

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 09:04 (089464)

Thanks, Roberta, for the tip! I am currently looking for some comfortable slippers. I know that many posters here just wear their Birkenstocks but I don't find them comfortable and my current slippers were comfortable but have gotten worn. They've also been discontinued.

There are a lot of Brookstone's around here as their company headquarters is just up the road from me in Peterborough, NH. We have four of them, all within about 30 minutes of us, so I shouldn't have any trouble finding them!

Thanks again!

CatherineL on 7/11/02 at 10:57 (089470)

Roberta,

I wear birks aroudn the house. I used to wear slippers. When you mentioned the material used I thought about buying a pillow and cutting it up!!! It was quite funny to read on and see you were thinking the same thing!
cl

Re: Timberland Mountain Athletic flip flops

Sandy H. on 7/11/02 at 22:21 (089520)

Timberland Mountain Athletic make some flip flops which I've found really good around the house and at swimming pools etc. (not good for walking far but very comfortable to stand in and less aggressive footbed than birks which I can't stand)