Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carole are you leaving

Posted by Ashley S. on 7/10/02 at 13:02 (089415)

New Orleans??? Are you looking for a house in N.O.?? We looked about 6 months ago and stopped because everything is so high. Hope you don't leave the area!

Ashley

Re: Carole are you leaving

Carole C in NOLA on 7/10/02 at 15:29 (089427)

I'm looking in Metairie... bye for now! got to go meet my realtor right this second. I'm not leaving and thanks for caring!

Carole C

Re: price of housing

Carole C in NOLA on 7/12/02 at 08:46 (089530)

Ashley, you are sure right that the price of houses seems pretty steep. Interest rates are getting lower all the time, and with the down payment I've been saving up, right now I can afford to buy homes that I couldn't afford to rent two years ago. It helps that the asking price isn't usually too close to what the house actually goes for. It also helps that I'm looking for a fairly small home, because there is only one of me.

With any luck, the price of houses may continue to rise at least a little bit in the next few years, and provide me with a good investment in these times when the stock market is a little shaky. If I can get my home paid off before I retire, it will be a lot cheaper to live on a fixed income. But that will be several years down the road.

Carole

Ashley S. on 7/15/02 at 13:45 (089690)

Sounds like a good time for you to buy. I have 4 kids so we need quite a bit of space - maybe less if my three girls can all be together in one room ( 7, 2 and 1) in a couple of years. We are primarily looking uptown because that is where I'm from and school is uptown. We will probably get something we can add on to and fix up. Hope you find something soon.

Ashley

Carole C in NOLA on 7/16/02 at 13:59 (089786)

Uptown is pretty expensive - - you are sure right about that. Prices are pretty high out here too, but not as bad as in Uptown (and the low interest rates really help). Good luck in your search!

I hope I find something too. I have made an offer on one house, but the seller wouldn't come down to a reasonable price. I called my realtor at 9 AM and told him I was going to make an offer on another house today, but I changed my mind later this morning because of some things I found out about the location. This is an emotionally wrenching experience. I am so particular.

Carole C

Re: Carole are you leaving

Carole C in NOLA on 7/10/02 at 15:29 (089427)

I'm looking in Metairie... bye for now! got to go meet my realtor right this second. I'm not leaving and thanks for caring!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 7/12/02 at 08:46 (089530)

Ashley, you are sure right that the price of houses seems pretty steep. Interest rates are getting lower all the time, and with the down payment I've been saving up, right now I can afford to buy homes that I couldn't afford to rent two years ago. It helps that the asking price isn't usually too close to what the house actually goes for. It also helps that I'm looking for a fairly small home, because there is only one of me.

With any luck, the price of houses may continue to rise at least a little bit in the next few years, and provide me with a good investment in these times when the stock market is a little shaky. If I can get my home paid off before I retire, it will be a lot cheaper to live on a fixed income. But that will be several years down the road.

Carole

Ashley S. on 7/15/02 at 13:45 (089690)

Sounds like a good time for you to buy. I have 4 kids so we need quite a bit of space - maybe less if my three girls can all be together in one room ( 7, 2 and 1) in a couple of years. We are primarily looking uptown because that is where I'm from and school is uptown. We will probably get something we can add on to and fix up. Hope you find something soon.

Ashley

Carole C in NOLA on 7/16/02 at 13:59 (089786)

Uptown is pretty expensive - - you are sure right about that. Prices are pretty high out here too, but not as bad as in Uptown (and the low interest rates really help). Good luck in your search!

I hope I find something too. I have made an offer on one house, but the seller wouldn't come down to a reasonable price. I called my realtor at 9 AM and told him I was going to make an offer on another house today, but I changed my mind later this morning because of some things I found out about the location. This is an emotionally wrenching experience. I am so particular.

Carole C