Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How is everyone!

Posted by Necee on 7/10/02 at 23:49 (089455)

I have been so busy since I've been off work this month. I have just about finished with my inside house painting, yipee!! Of course one thing always leads to another, when I did the master bedroom I rearranged some things, cleaned out closets and drawers, washed windows inside and out, put in a new light fixture, and got new valances. The bathroom and hallway was easy since we mostly have wood wainscot there. I rearranged the guest bedroom, and put up new valances, one night I stayed up till 2 AM painting the living room! In the process of all this painting I decided to sell my piano, I'm a very sentimental person, and since my dad bought it for me when I was a young gal, it was hard to part with. Having the extra space is nice though.
I have the kitchen left to paint, and then I'm done! I want to relax and enjoy my time off before going back to the grindstone in August.
It sure seems like the board is quiet these days, where is everyone?
Guess I better get back to painting before it dries on my rollerbrush, I just wanted to take a few minutes to sit and rest my feet.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: How is everyone!

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 05:15 (089458)

How wonderful to have newly painted rooms! Sounds like you've been busy!

I've been looking for a house to buy, and I think I may make an offer on one that I like tomorrow or Monday.

Carole C

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 08:59 (089463)

Necee,

And you call this a vacation? Seriously, I can just imagine what a sense of accomplishment you must feel after getting all that work done. I'm glad you'll have some time to rest, too, before you go back to to work.

Yes, the boards are really quiet these days. I can't remember what it was like last year at this time but I suspect it was the same. It's the busiest time of the year as far as vacations go. We, in fact, leave for the Cape Saturday morning for two weeks. I'm really looking forward to it. Every time I pack for vacation, I have to remind myself that we are no longer going to Prince Edward Island and if I forget something, there are stores where we'll be. If you forgot something when you went to PEI, there were few places to buy anything and the prices were outrageous!

It was good to hear from you!

Re: Don't know how the double posting happened! Sorry! EOM

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 09:05 (089465)

EOM

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:37 (089487)

Wow, Necee, you have accomplished so much! That is really great. You will enjoy the benefits of your work many times over.

Yes, the boards are really quiet these days...I have been busy with our community days last Friday night and Saturday. I did as many 'sitting down jobs' as possible, but the area where the activities are held is large, and there was an inevitable amount of walking and standing. I ended Saturday with really tired and hurting feet.

It was so hot, so on Sunday I wore sandals to church and wore my Birks through the afternoon just for a break. By evening, my arch in the left foot was throbbing with pain I hadn't felt in months. That scared me, and I quickly put on my SAS shoes with the Birk inserts. Within 30 minutes, the pain was almost gone, and I was quite thankful for that.

I am teaching summer school this week, and it also happens to be the week my younger daughter's youth theater group begins their performances of Peter Pan. She has had rehearsals until 10:30 each night this week, and that has meant some late nights around here as the theater is 20 miles away.

But I am excited as tonight is 'parents' night' (sneak preview/dress rehearsal/pictures allowed), and tomorrow is opening night! Then all the effort and driving back and forth will be worth it!

I hope all of you are enjoying these summer days.

Take care,
Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 7/11/02 at 19:05 (089504)

Hi Necee, I will mail you soon, so much is going on here as always! I have my new pain management Dr. I am happy with so far, but have to do a bit of research.

I just got out of the hospital yesterday, Funny but I always thought Cleveland Clinic was the best! I really believe they are a wonderful hospital comapired to the one I was transfered from! I had a short stay and thanks to that stay I am at home recovering happily.I will say this I am sure learning about RSD the hard ways and what it really can do to you! Anyways as I said I a, doing well and waiting for my nerve blocks on a jitterey wait! Take care and everyone have a great summer remember back in dec we thought it would never warm up!!!

Summer is here and try to enjoy as soon the chill sets in again!

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 05:15 (089458)

How wonderful to have newly painted rooms! Sounds like you've been busy!

I've been looking for a house to buy, and I think I may make an offer on one that I like tomorrow or Monday.

Carole C

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 08:59 (089463)

Necee,

And you call this a vacation? Seriously, I can just imagine what a sense of accomplishment you must feel after getting all that work done. I'm glad you'll have some time to rest, too, before you go back to to work.

Yes, the boards are really quiet these days. I can't remember what it was like last year at this time but I suspect it was the same. It's the busiest time of the year as far as vacations go. We, in fact, leave for the Cape Saturday morning for two weeks. I'm really looking forward to it. Every time I pack for vacation, I have to remind myself that we are no longer going to Prince Edward Island and if I forget something, there are stores where we'll be. If you forgot something when you went to PEI, there were few places to buy anything and the prices were outrageous!

It was good to hear from you!

Re: Don't know how the double posting happened! Sorry! EOM

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 09:05 (089465)

EOM

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:37 (089487)

Wow, Necee, you have accomplished so much! That is really great. You will enjoy the benefits of your work many times over.

Yes, the boards are really quiet these days...I have been busy with our community days last Friday night and Saturday. I did as many 'sitting down jobs' as possible, but the area where the activities are held is large, and there was an inevitable amount of walking and standing. I ended Saturday with really tired and hurting feet.

It was so hot, so on Sunday I wore sandals to church and wore my Birks through the afternoon just for a break. By evening, my arch in the left foot was throbbing with pain I hadn't felt in months. That scared me, and I quickly put on my SAS shoes with the Birk inserts. Within 30 minutes, the pain was almost gone, and I was quite thankful for that.

I am teaching summer school this week, and it also happens to be the week my younger daughter's youth theater group begins their performances of Peter Pan. She has had rehearsals until 10:30 each night this week, and that has meant some late nights around here as the theater is 20 miles away.

But I am excited as tonight is 'parents' night' (sneak preview/dress rehearsal/pictures allowed), and tomorrow is opening night! Then all the effort and driving back and forth will be worth it!

I hope all of you are enjoying these summer days.

Take care,
Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 7/11/02 at 19:05 (089504)

Hi Necee, I will mail you soon, so much is going on here as always! I have my new pain management Dr. I am happy with so far, but have to do a bit of research.

I just got out of the hospital yesterday, Funny but I always thought Cleveland Clinic was the best! I really believe they are a wonderful hospital comapired to the one I was transfered from! I had a short stay and thanks to that stay I am at home recovering happily.I will say this I am sure learning about RSD the hard ways and what it really can do to you! Anyways as I said I a, doing well and waiting for my nerve blocks on a jitterey wait! Take care and everyone have a great summer remember back in dec we thought it would never warm up!!!

Summer is here and try to enjoy as soon the chill sets in again!