Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Carole

Posted by Necee on 7/10/02 at 23:54 (089456)

'your house' sounds really neat!! I hope that it works out for you.
Keep us posted, wish I could come help you decorate your new home, I just love doing that!!

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: To Carole

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 05:18 (089459)

I hope it works out too. My realtor took me by it again yesterday after work (after we had seen half a dozen others). It's on a lockbox so we can see it without bothering anybody. I still like it a lot, so I hope the owner will accept a reasonable offer. I plan to see it one more time and then make an offer on it.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:27 (089486)

I really am keeping my fingers crossed for you, Carole! I hope this house works out. You'll have to tell us all about it.

By the way, what does 'It's on a lockbox' mean? I think I have the idea, but I just hadn't heard the term. Of course you know I have never bought a house.

I tell my children at school there are no 'stupid questions' and to never worry about asking if they don't know something, so I will be like them and ask!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 17:14 (089495)

A lockbox is a metal box that hangs on the doorknob, Suzanne, with the housekey inside. The realtor has a gizmo (or is it a combination?) that can open the lockbox and get the key out so they can go inside the house. They put these on houses for sale, when nobody lives there any more, so that realtors can show the houses but nobody else can get in.

I sure hope that this house works out too. I spent most of the day daydreaming about how I'll arrange the furniture, and deciding that the lawn is small enough that I could mow it myself. My realtor was busy all day today with a closing or something, but maybe tomorrow I can make an offer.

Houses are like men. When I break up with a steady date, I know I will never meet another man like that one, and I'm so sad. It always seems like the end of the world for a little while. But soon I meet another man who I care about just as much, who is very different! Each of the men I've cared about has been a fine person, but they are not one bit like each other.

I keep telling myself that the same is true of houses. If I lose this house, I will be so disappointed! But I have to remind myself that there are other fine houses out there, even though they may not be just like this one.

Carole C

john h on 7/12/02 at 08:49 (089532)

Carole: Al Gore said a Lockbox is where he would put our Social Security Funds.

Carole C in NOLA on 7/12/02 at 11:20 (089554)

Any politician that wants to mess with our Social Security is NOT going to get my vote, that's for sure. Not ever.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 05:18 (089459)

I hope it works out too. My realtor took me by it again yesterday after work (after we had seen half a dozen others). It's on a lockbox so we can see it without bothering anybody. I still like it a lot, so I hope the owner will accept a reasonable offer. I plan to see it one more time and then make an offer on it.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:27 (089486)

I really am keeping my fingers crossed for you, Carole! I hope this house works out. You'll have to tell us all about it.

By the way, what does 'It's on a lockbox' mean? I think I have the idea, but I just hadn't heard the term. Of course you know I have never bought a house.

I tell my children at school there are no 'stupid questions' and to never worry about asking if they don't know something, so I will be like them and ask!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 17:14 (089495)

A lockbox is a metal box that hangs on the doorknob, Suzanne, with the housekey inside. The realtor has a gizmo (or is it a combination?) that can open the lockbox and get the key out so they can go inside the house. They put these on houses for sale, when nobody lives there any more, so that realtors can show the houses but nobody else can get in.

I sure hope that this house works out too. I spent most of the day daydreaming about how I'll arrange the furniture, and deciding that the lawn is small enough that I could mow it myself. My realtor was busy all day today with a closing or something, but maybe tomorrow I can make an offer.

Houses are like men. When I break up with a steady date, I know I will never meet another man like that one, and I'm so sad. It always seems like the end of the world for a little while. But soon I meet another man who I care about just as much, who is very different! Each of the men I've cared about has been a fine person, but they are not one bit like each other.

I keep telling myself that the same is true of houses. If I lose this house, I will be so disappointed! But I have to remind myself that there are other fine houses out there, even though they may not be just like this one.

Carole C

john h on 7/12/02 at 08:49 (089532)

Carole: Al Gore said a Lockbox is where he would put our Social Security Funds.

Carole C in NOLA on 7/12/02 at 11:20 (089554)

Any politician that wants to mess with our Social Security is NOT going to get my vote, that's for sure. Not ever.

Carole C