Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Who sent this weather

Posted by wendyn on 7/11/02 at 08:08 (089462)

Our forecast today is for 97F I don't think I remember it ever being this hot here.

We will be big puddles of melted nothing tomorrow.

Re: Who sent this weather

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 09:11 (089466)

Well, the way the Boards are acting, this may end up being posted 14 times, but I'll take my chances! Wow, Wendy, that really isn't the kind of weather you folks are accustomed to, is it? And here in NH, it's 70 degrees and dry and breezy. My kind of weather, although I'll bet it's downright cold near the ocean.

The weather sure is messed up this year! Is it humid, too? Take it easy today!

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 09:59 (089467)

Yesterday it was 94 here. Thank goodness for air conditioning! Luckily, we have it everywhere. It was pretty hot walking around the outsides of houses yesterday, though.

Wendy, I thought you'd be cool and comfortable during our southern heat. What happened? Maybe climate is not a very good selling point for your location. Sorry to hear you are so hot!

Carole C

CatherineL on 7/11/02 at 10:54 (089469)

Weather all over seems crazy. In May we had snow twice!, flash flooding just a couple of weeks ago, and the past month has been 90 and humid in the Canadian prairies!

Yikes Wendy - do we need to change our Alberta Rockies hotel reservations to places with AC?

Catherine

CarlW on 7/11/02 at 12:08 (089473)

Wendy,

At least its a good excuse to wear your birkincowboystocks.

Carl

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:10 (089483)

I didn't send it, Wendy, but I sure know how you feel! Well, maybe I should qualify that, as I imagine it is worse for you than me as it is so rare for you to have such high temperatures.

I think if it wasn't so humid here, it wouldn't be so hard to take. But, perhaps I am just unusually 'gripey'(as my daughter used to say) about the heat this year as I always wore sandals in the past and am wearing these SAS walking shoes with thick socks this year, and I miss the coolness of sandals.

Well, this, too, shall pass, as they say. Before we know it, autumn will begin and we may miss these hot temperatures. If I do, remind me of how I feel right now! :-)

Stay as cool as you can!
Suzanne :-)

PatC on 7/11/02 at 16:47 (089491)

It has been as high as 115 this week in Las Vegas. The 90's sound wonderful to me.

wendyn on 7/11/02 at 20:22 (089509)

Carl - I love the birkincowboystoks!!!!

That's what I'm going to call them!!

Have you been out Stampeding?

Went to a vendor-sponsored lunch yesterday on a restaurant patio. Ended up being a six hour lunch. Needless to say, I handed in a vacation slip for that one. Oh well - it's only once a year (thankfully).

It only got up to about 91 here today, with about 93 forecast for tommorow.

No, it's not humid here - about 27% which is pretty normal.

Catherine - when do you come out? The forecast is pretty much the same right through the weekend.

wendyn on 7/11/02 at 20:24 (089510)

115 Pat????? I would die. I've been through some 100 degree 98 percent humidity weather when I was in Boston. That was ENOUGH!!!

CatherineL on 7/12/02 at 08:57 (089533)

We leave next weekend. We'll be in Alberta from July 22 - Aug 3. Mostly in the rockies, Waterton, West Edmonton Mall.

The mosquitoes here have been horrible this year with all the rain, flooding and humidity. Just to go out and water all my flower pots is treacherous... we've learned our own version of the riverdance!!!

I can hardly wait for my vacation, it will at the very least be a vaction from mosquitoes!!!

cl

Necee on 7/12/02 at 09:36 (089540)

Here in Texas it has been hot and humid for the past several days, but last night we had a thunderstorm come through, it dropped the temp consideribly. Today though is suppose to climb back up into the 90's, with a chance of more rain throughout the weekend. These rains are very unusual for us this time of year, but I'm not complaining....we sure do need it.
Take care all and have cool weekend.
Happy trails...

Necee

PatC on 7/12/02 at 10:37 (089547)

The only saving grace is that the humidity is low ( although it is higher than usual--33 percent today) Today's forecast is 110 with a chance of thunderstorms. However, the weathermen have been forcasting thunderstorms all week and none have appeared.

Carole C in NOLA on 7/12/02 at 12:16 (089556)

The rains sure make summertime heat a lot more tolerable. That's one thing that I love about Louisiana after living 13 years in central Texas... those cool, Louisiana summertime rains.

They say the rains will be with us today too, in the late afternoon heat. I'm glad. Yesterday they said it got up to 97-98 here.

From what I understand, much of the country is experiencing a hot spell!

Carole C

CarlW on 7/12/02 at 12:51 (089558)

Wendy,

I too have attended a few 'customer functions' that tend to get a little out of control.

I remember a while back somebody mentioning that they wanted to extend the Stampede by a few more days. I dont think I would be able to survive it.

Stay Cool

Carl

Kathy G on 7/11/02 at 09:11 (089466)

Well, the way the Boards are acting, this may end up being posted 14 times, but I'll take my chances! Wow, Wendy, that really isn't the kind of weather you folks are accustomed to, is it? And here in NH, it's 70 degrees and dry and breezy. My kind of weather, although I'll bet it's downright cold near the ocean.

The weather sure is messed up this year! Is it humid, too? Take it easy today!

Carole C in NOLA on 7/11/02 at 09:59 (089467)

Yesterday it was 94 here. Thank goodness for air conditioning! Luckily, we have it everywhere. It was pretty hot walking around the outsides of houses yesterday, though.

Wendy, I thought you'd be cool and comfortable during our southern heat. What happened? Maybe climate is not a very good selling point for your location. Sorry to hear you are so hot!

Carole C

CatherineL on 7/11/02 at 10:54 (089469)

Weather all over seems crazy. In May we had snow twice!, flash flooding just a couple of weeks ago, and the past month has been 90 and humid in the Canadian prairies!

Yikes Wendy - do we need to change our Alberta Rockies hotel reservations to places with AC?

Catherine

CarlW on 7/11/02 at 12:08 (089473)

Wendy,

At least its a good excuse to wear your birkincowboystocks.

Carl

Suzanne D on 7/11/02 at 15:10 (089483)

I didn't send it, Wendy, but I sure know how you feel! Well, maybe I should qualify that, as I imagine it is worse for you than me as it is so rare for you to have such high temperatures.

I think if it wasn't so humid here, it wouldn't be so hard to take. But, perhaps I am just unusually 'gripey'(as my daughter used to say) about the heat this year as I always wore sandals in the past and am wearing these SAS walking shoes with thick socks this year, and I miss the coolness of sandals.

Well, this, too, shall pass, as they say. Before we know it, autumn will begin and we may miss these hot temperatures. If I do, remind me of how I feel right now! :-)

Stay as cool as you can!
Suzanne :-)

PatC on 7/11/02 at 16:47 (089491)

It has been as high as 115 this week in Las Vegas. The 90's sound wonderful to me.

wendyn on 7/11/02 at 20:22 (089509)

Carl - I love the birkincowboystoks!!!!

That's what I'm going to call them!!

Have you been out Stampeding?

Went to a vendor-sponsored lunch yesterday on a restaurant patio. Ended up being a six hour lunch. Needless to say, I handed in a vacation slip for that one. Oh well - it's only once a year (thankfully).

It only got up to about 91 here today, with about 93 forecast for tommorow.

No, it's not humid here - about 27% which is pretty normal.

Catherine - when do you come out? The forecast is pretty much the same right through the weekend.

wendyn on 7/11/02 at 20:24 (089510)

115 Pat????? I would die. I've been through some 100 degree 98 percent humidity weather when I was in Boston. That was ENOUGH!!!

CatherineL on 7/12/02 at 08:57 (089533)

We leave next weekend. We'll be in Alberta from July 22 - Aug 3. Mostly in the rockies, Waterton, West Edmonton Mall.

The mosquitoes here have been horrible this year with all the rain, flooding and humidity. Just to go out and water all my flower pots is treacherous... we've learned our own version of the riverdance!!!

I can hardly wait for my vacation, it will at the very least be a vaction from mosquitoes!!!

cl

Necee on 7/12/02 at 09:36 (089540)

Here in Texas it has been hot and humid for the past several days, but last night we had a thunderstorm come through, it dropped the temp consideribly. Today though is suppose to climb back up into the 90's, with a chance of more rain throughout the weekend. These rains are very unusual for us this time of year, but I'm not complaining....we sure do need it.
Take care all and have cool weekend.
Happy trails...

Necee

PatC on 7/12/02 at 10:37 (089547)

The only saving grace is that the humidity is low ( although it is higher than usual--33 percent today) Today's forecast is 110 with a chance of thunderstorms. However, the weathermen have been forcasting thunderstorms all week and none have appeared.

Carole C in NOLA on 7/12/02 at 12:16 (089556)

The rains sure make summertime heat a lot more tolerable. That's one thing that I love about Louisiana after living 13 years in central Texas... those cool, Louisiana summertime rains.

They say the rains will be with us today too, in the late afternoon heat. I'm glad. Yesterday they said it got up to 97-98 here.

From what I understand, much of the country is experiencing a hot spell!

Carole C

CarlW on 7/12/02 at 12:51 (089558)

Wendy,

I too have attended a few 'customer functions' that tend to get a little out of control.

I remember a while back somebody mentioning that they wanted to extend the Stampede by a few more days. I dont think I would be able to survive it.

Stay Cool

Carl