Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

i fell

Posted by kay on 7/11/02 at 15:01 (089482)

three weeks post op and was coming along a bit better each day. this morning before i got my boot cast on i fell and my foot didn't get immediate bad pain but now at 3 pm my heel is burning pretty bad. i would think if i did some real damage it would have hurt right away....what do you guys think? i had plantar fasciitis partial release and tarsel tunnel surgery 23 days ago. i am still on crutches...i'm not supposed to use my feet for four weeks
kay

Re: Call !

BrianG on 7/11/02 at 17:13 (089494)

Hi Kay,

Sorry to hear you went down. I think you know the answer already, call your Pod, or whoever did the surgery. Let that person make the decision about seeing you. It takes it off your shoulders. I would think they will have you come in tomorrow to have a look see. Call asap and good luck

BrianG

kay on 7/11/02 at 20:12 (089507)

i called and was told since there was no swelling and i didn't have pain right away that it was probably ok so i should take NSAID drugs and lay around with ice on it to be safe. ha what else can i do but lay around. thats all i've done since march.
anyway thats what i kinda thought too about the immediate pain or lack of i should say. its freakin' hurting now though. my ankle is bruised too. i guess i'll live to see another day.
kay

kay f on 7/12/02 at 15:59 (089574)

i was in so much pain last night i took two vicodins, two benadryls (vicodin makes me itch) and i slept like a baby. this morning i woke up and it was like it never happened. my foot feels fine! yippee i am so happy.
kay

Re: Good deal !!

BrianG on 7/12/02 at 21:16 (089586)

It was all that sleep, cured your almost overnight! :*)

kay f on 7/14/02 at 20:35 (089645)

hey i should get another good night sleep and maybe both my feet will feel wonderful.
kay

BrianG on 7/11/02 at 17:13 (089494)

Hi Kay,

Sorry to hear you went down. I think you know the answer already, call your Pod, or whoever did the surgery. Let that person make the decision about seeing you. It takes it off your shoulders. I would think they will have you come in tomorrow to have a look see. Call asap and good luck

BrianG

kay on 7/11/02 at 20:12 (089507)

i called and was told since there was no swelling and i didn't have pain right away that it was probably ok so i should take NSAID drugs and lay around with ice on it to be safe. ha what else can i do but lay around. thats all i've done since march.
anyway thats what i kinda thought too about the immediate pain or lack of i should say. its freakin' hurting now though. my ankle is bruised too. i guess i'll live to see another day.
kay

kay f on 7/12/02 at 15:59 (089574)

i was in so much pain last night i took two vicodins, two benadryls (vicodin makes me itch) and i slept like a baby. this morning i woke up and it was like it never happened. my foot feels fine! yippee i am so happy.
kay

BrianG on 7/12/02 at 21:16 (089586)

It was all that sleep, cured your almost overnight! :*)

kay f on 7/14/02 at 20:35 (089645)

hey i should get another good night sleep and maybe both my feet will feel wonderful.
kay