Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

mri results

Posted by lenore r on 7/12/02 at 15:54 (089571)

just got results back from mri. sounds like there is alot of things going on. i was just wondering what your treatment would be.
longitudnal peroneal brevis tendon split
synovitis at the ankle joint
posterior tibial tendinosis without tear
plantar fascitis

right now i am in a cam walker for the past two weeks and before that i was casted non-weight baring for 5 weeks.

any help as to what you think is going on would be helpful, thanks in advance

Re: mri results

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/15/02 at 05:18 (089648)

HI Lenore:

What were you doing that caused this injury? THe non-weight bearing is the right way to go. I would also have orthotics made with a rear foot posting putting the rearfoot in valgus to take strain off the peroneal brevious tendon.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

lenore r on 7/15/02 at 13:30 (089687)

thank you for responding. i got my foot caught when doing some climbing is the only thing i can think of . i was already being treated for PF. how long should the non weight bearing be continued , i was just casted 5 weeks and am now in a cam walker. the climbing thing happened in january and i got orthodics in feb of this year. will physcial thearpy help all these conditions?? thanks

Re: one more thing!!

lenore r on 7/15/02 at 14:08 (089694)

the mri was done after the 5 weeks in a cast and it states the longitudinal tear through the peroneus brevis tendon and its courses beneath the fibular malleolus to its 5th metatarsal base. will this heal on its own?? thanks again for any responses~ lenore

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/15/02 at 05:18 (089648)

HI Lenore:

What were you doing that caused this injury? THe non-weight bearing is the right way to go. I would also have orthotics made with a rear foot posting putting the rearfoot in valgus to take strain off the peroneal brevious tendon.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

lenore r on 7/15/02 at 13:30 (089687)

thank you for responding. i got my foot caught when doing some climbing is the only thing i can think of . i was already being treated for PF. how long should the non weight bearing be continued , i was just casted 5 weeks and am now in a cam walker. the climbing thing happened in january and i got orthodics in feb of this year. will physcial thearpy help all these conditions?? thanks

Re: one more thing!!

lenore r on 7/15/02 at 14:08 (089694)

the mri was done after the 5 weeks in a cast and it states the longitudinal tear through the peroneus brevis tendon and its courses beneath the fibular malleolus to its 5th metatarsal base. will this heal on its own?? thanks again for any responses~ lenore