Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does ESWT work for RSI/tendoitis?

Posted by George S on 7/13/02 at 16:59 (089611)

I have a computer-related Repetitive Strain Injury. I am diagnosed with tendinitis, mainly on top of my hands (opposite palms), around knukles, and somewhat on the thumb. Not really strong pain, more like discomfort and the feeling of things being swollen.

Would ESWT be effective for this.

Re: Does ESWT work for RSI/tendoitis?

Don Scott on 7/15/02 at 08:46 (089667)

Does the pain radiate to the elbow?

George S on 7/15/02 at 12:01 (089681)

Very occasionally I do feel something in my elbow,but very mild, and really very occasionally. In fact, lately, I have not felt much there. The main problem is on top of my hands.

Don Scott on 7/15/02 at 17:58 (089712)

George, I suppose you have tried a range of wrist guards and key board positions?. The pain on the top of the hand and it could also be a referred pain to the muscle/tendon bundle at the elbow. When you move your hand up where does it hurt on the outside of the elbow? and the same when you move your hand down does it hurt on the inside of the elbow?
Once you can indentify specific region get MRI. Your G.P. can then direct you towards the correct course of treatment. Good Luck.

Don Scott on 7/15/02 at 08:46 (089667)

Does the pain radiate to the elbow?

George S on 7/15/02 at 12:01 (089681)

Very occasionally I do feel something in my elbow,but very mild, and really very occasionally. In fact, lately, I have not felt much there. The main problem is on top of my hands.

Don Scott on 7/15/02 at 17:58 (089712)

George, I suppose you have tried a range of wrist guards and key board positions?. The pain on the top of the hand and it could also be a referred pain to the muscle/tendon bundle at the elbow. When you move your hand up where does it hurt on the outside of the elbow? and the same when you move your hand down does it hurt on the inside of the elbow?
Once you can indentify specific region get MRI. Your G.P. can then direct you towards the correct course of treatment. Good Luck.