Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Quick bit of advice PLEASE

Posted by Nigel B on 7/14/02 at 06:35 (089619)

Dear doctors-after 2 yrs I can now go about daily life without pain (Birks have helped) but if I cycle or hike I am in pain for a week but it is subsiding more quickly than previously-do you think I should carry on (I am resting a lot) ie is this the normal healing pattern ? or should I go for something less conservative (eg surgery )after 2 yrs of symptoms-advice would be most welcome.

Re: Quick bit of advice PLEASE

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/15/02 at 05:16 (089647)

Nigel:

When you cylce do you wear orthotics in your sneakers? I you have pain only when you cycle I would consider switching your form of exercise.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Nigel B on 7/30/02 at 16:55 (091022)

Dear Dr

Sorry for delayed reply-been away-yes I do wear on orthotics during cycling-it seems to be any cycling or walking which aggravates the pain but only for 24 hours-it used to be for weeks so do you think I am going to 'get away' without surgery??

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/15/02 at 05:16 (089647)

Nigel:

When you cylce do you wear orthotics in your sneakers? I you have pain only when you cycle I would consider switching your form of exercise.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Nigel B on 7/30/02 at 16:55 (091022)

Dear Dr

Sorry for delayed reply-been away-yes I do wear on orthotics during cycling-it seems to be any cycling or walking which aggravates the pain but only for 24 hours-it used to be for weeks so do you think I am going to 'get away' without surgery??