Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF here

Posted by Sno C. on 7/15/02 at 18:33 (089715)

Dr. Zuckerman, do you use the High Energy ESWT in your office for PF? I live out of state and want to make an appt. to come to your office and have the treatment to both my feet., but don't want the low energy treatment. I have been in contact with Maria but negelected to ask her which you use....

Re: Dornier, High Energy

BrianG on 7/15/02 at 20:43 (089728)

Hi Sno,

I believe Dr Z. is still on vacation. He is using the Dornier Epos Ultra, a high energy machine, with the FDA protocol. Good luck, and try the search engine on this site. Lots of information about the machine.

BrianG

Re: PF here...While waiting try silicone?

Ron P. on 7/16/02 at 20:12 (089814)

Hi Sno C.

A completely compatibe treatment before & after ESWT would be silicone liquid orthotics. They solved my heelpain. i think DrKiper has sucessfully treated post null ESWT results. Short quries with him are OK.(800 DrKiper) I think its the massaging effect the liquid has on deep tissue & nerves. Worth a try while your waiting.

David G. on 7/19/02 at 11:22 (090107)

I had the soft orthotics for a while, but they stopped working after a while. if you have a very high arch like mine, it's hard to feel like your getting the support you need. Regular orthotics with a thick foamy top has a 'cushioning' effect too.

Re: PF here

DR Zuckerman on 7/20/02 at 19:10 (090238)

Hi

Yes we use the high energy dornier according to the FDA protocols

Errol H on 7/21/02 at 23:44 (090329)

I also have high arches and use the SDO's, and they've worked very well for me. They're the only ones for high arches that fit well in shoes. Did you get the height adjusted up? After the initial Rx, Dr.Kiper adjusted mine up one notch after a month. Now, I've been wearing them 14 months, and I'm switching around between adjustments #3 and 4. Number four seems a little too high, so I'm mostly using #3. If you didn't have them adjusted, reestablish contact with Dr. Kiper! Best of luck.

Dr Dennis Kiper on 7/31/02 at 19:36 (091211)

Are you or were you a patient of mine? Are you referring to the 'soft' orthotics being the Silicone Dynamic Orthotic?
If so, I need to remind you that as your muscles transition, you will need a boost in the Rx. This is normal and you can go through as many as 2-3 Rx over 6-10 years. The healing process involves changes, if you want one Rx to last you a lifetime, you will forever be disappointed.

Re: Dornier, High Energy

BrianG on 7/15/02 at 20:43 (089728)

Hi Sno,

I believe Dr Z. is still on vacation. He is using the Dornier Epos Ultra, a high energy machine, with the FDA protocol. Good luck, and try the search engine on this site. Lots of information about the machine.

BrianG

Ron P. on 7/16/02 at 20:12 (089814)

Hi Sno C.

A completely compatibe treatment before & after ESWT would be silicone liquid orthotics. They solved my heelpain. i think DrKiper has sucessfully treated post null ESWT results. Short quries with him are OK.(800 DrKiper) I think its the massaging effect the liquid has on deep tissue & nerves. Worth a try while your waiting.

David G. on 7/19/02 at 11:22 (090107)

I had the soft orthotics for a while, but they stopped working after a while. if you have a very high arch like mine, it's hard to feel like your getting the support you need. Regular orthotics with a thick foamy top has a 'cushioning' effect too.

Re: PF here

DR Zuckerman on 7/20/02 at 19:10 (090238)

Hi

Yes we use the high energy dornier according to the FDA protocols

Errol H on 7/21/02 at 23:44 (090329)

I also have high arches and use the SDO's, and they've worked very well for me. They're the only ones for high arches that fit well in shoes. Did you get the height adjusted up? After the initial Rx, Dr.Kiper adjusted mine up one notch after a month. Now, I've been wearing them 14 months, and I'm switching around between adjustments #3 and 4. Number four seems a little too high, so I'm mostly using #3. If you didn't have them adjusted, reestablish contact with Dr. Kiper! Best of luck.

Dr Dennis Kiper on 7/31/02 at 19:36 (091211)

Are you or were you a patient of mine? Are you referring to the 'soft' orthotics being the Silicone Dynamic Orthotic?
If so, I need to remind you that as your muscles transition, you will need a boost in the Rx. This is normal and you can go through as many as 2-3 Rx over 6-10 years. The healing process involves changes, if you want one Rx to last you a lifetime, you will forever be disappointed.