Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Multiple Approaches and Tape

Posted by Gary R on 7/16/02 at 00:52 (089747)

My first step to relief was a visit to my physical therapist where I learned several stretches and obtained some good soft shoe inserts with arch supports. Those by themselves only provided some relief. I then combined the inserts with top of the line New Balance walking shoes. I am now on my second pair and wear them all the time. (The 810 series comes in black so you can wear them in an office environment) I also reduced my walking and standing and substitute bicycle riding whenever possible for exercise---that helps too. I still required at least 200mg of Ibuprophen each night. Faced with a trip to Baguio, in the mountains of the Philippines where excess walking is a way of life, I tried Scott's taping method. I was simply amazed that I could endure long uphill and downhill walks without the resulting pain afterwards. I can now lead a normal daily life without resorting to Ibuprophen (it is known to lead some to stomach bleeding). So, don't give up with only one approach. Several treatments may be required. BUT DO TRY Scott's tape method with your other approaches! It only took two tries to get the tape to just the right tension.

Re: Multiple Approaches and Tape

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/18/02 at 12:13 (089966)

Gary:

Use of multiple approaches/modalities is the key to success with PF treatment. Sometimes there is uncertainty about which procedures to combine and when.
Ed

Re: Multiple Approaches and Tape

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/18/02 at 12:13 (089966)

Gary:

Use of multiple approaches/modalities is the key to success with PF treatment. Sometimes there is uncertainty about which procedures to combine and when.
Ed