Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is a biomechanical exam standard?

Posted by Ellen J. on 7/16/02 at 18:33 (089801)

Hi,
I've had Plantar F. for 3 yrs now and none of the doctors have suggested a biomechanical exam to see how my stride affects my feet. If so, can you tell me what particular tests they should be doing? Is there a place I can go that's not too far from Burlington, Vermont?
Thanks for any pointers.
Ellen J.

Re: Is a biomechanical exam standard?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/18/02 at 05:52 (089937)

HI Ellen:

We use the Foot maxx system which reveals pressure ditrubution points. Check it our on our web site and then go to Footmaxx site and see if they have a doctor in Burlington. We routinely do this test to explain the biomechanical relationship for heel pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: thanks!

Ellen J. on 7/18/02 at 21:32 (090020)

Thank you, Dr. Cozzarelli.
I'll definitely check it out. Am willing to travel once my work life slows a bit. I appreciate the info--I had never heard of Foot Maxx.
Ellen

Re: Is a biomechanical exam standard?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/18/02 at 05:52 (089937)

HI Ellen:

We use the Foot maxx system which reveals pressure ditrubution points. Check it our on our web site and then go to Footmaxx site and see if they have a doctor in Burlington. We routinely do this test to explain the biomechanical relationship for heel pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: thanks!

Ellen J. on 7/18/02 at 21:32 (090020)

Thank you, Dr. Cozzarelli.
I'll definitely check it out. Am willing to travel once my work life slows a bit. I appreciate the info--I had never heard of Foot Maxx.
Ellen