Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post surgery recovery

Posted by Elise on 7/17/02 at 01:51 (089837)

Hi! I had the heel spur removed on May 30th. Still not back to work. I am lucky enough to have a conservative Pod. He did the surgery on my right about 5 years and my recovery was uneventful. This time it is a different story. I had the ESWT in October, I wanted the newest treatment. Boy was that a mistake. After two years of pain I was getting desperate. So any how, I had the old fashion surgery in May and now find that my recovery is progressing very very slowly. I had a boot like walking cast from day one of the surgery,also crutches, my foot was also wraped in an ace bandage. Now some 8 weeks later I am attempting 1/2 days without the walking cast. Still a lot of pain when I am not in the walking cast. I see the doctor next Wednesday but think I will ring him up tomorrow and see what can be done. I was reading the other posts and agree that you need to have your foot up at least 2 uninterupted hours a day. Is there any exercises that can be done 8 weeks after surgery or it strictly a need of total rest? I am beginning to think the ESWT has complicated my recovery this time. Any view on this? Has anyone else been through this route before? This is the best web site and the support has seen me through so much. Thanks to every who responds.

Re: Post surgery recovery

Jean P. on 7/17/02 at 09:06 (089860)

Why was ESWT a mistake? I am thinking of having ESWT and your post has me worried.

Re: Post surgery recovery

Jean P. on 7/17/02 at 09:06 (089860)

Why was ESWT a mistake? I am thinking of having ESWT and your post has me worried.