Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ankle pain following ESWT

Posted by Ken F. on 7/17/02 at 09:43 (089865)

After undergoing all the standard treatments for pf, I had ESWT on 5-1-02 with the Ossa Tron. Insurance covered the cost. I continued to do stretching and due to the continued pain, my DR. sent me to pyhsical therapy for about 6 sessions. Now, the heel pain is virtually non-existent, thank goodness. However, I now have severe inflammation and pain in both ankles, especially the right one. I have taken Celebrex (burns the tummy), prednisone (don'to do it!) and am now on Bextra. At first I thought the ankle problems were because I limped so much with pf. Now, I'm not sure. I wonder if all the stretching I did may have stretched the ligaments in my ankles. They feel like severe sprains. Doc just keeps trying different drugs to no avail. X-rays of right ankle negative. Any ideas?
Ken F.

Re: ankle pain following ESWT

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/18/02 at 05:46 (089935)

Ken:

It is possible that you may have caused a synovitis of the ankle joint. The NSAIDS should help. If the pain does not stop an ankle arthroscopy could clean the joint.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: ankle pain following ESWT

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/18/02 at 05:46 (089935)

Ken:

It is possible that you may have caused a synovitis of the ankle joint. The NSAIDS should help. If the pain does not stop an ankle arthroscopy could clean the joint.

Dr. John Cozzarelli