Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MSM relieved pain

Posted by Melanie H on 7/17/02 at 11:16 (089872)

I had plantar fasciitis for over about a year and a half with no major relief from what the doctors had given me. I tried MSM which also had some other herbs in it and within two weeks noticed an improvement. I took it three times a day to start then as I got better reduced it to once a day. I now no longer have any pain from it and it has been about 10 months since I started MSM. I won't forget the pain I had and I very much apreciate being painfree now. MSM worked great for me and I am a big advocate of it.

Re: MSM relieved pain

Ed P on 7/17/02 at 11:35 (089874)

What is MSM?

BrianG on 7/17/02 at 19:28 (089906)

MSM is short for Methylsulfonylmethane. It's an 'organic source of sulpher, a mineral that is vital in the formation of collagen, connective tissue, and healhy joint cartilage'

I took that info right off the bottle of MSM with Glucosamine, that I have. I've heard it has done some good things for other people, especially with joint type problems. I take 1 a day, which most likely isn't enough, since I still have big PF pain. It's one of the sulpher drugs, which I do believe can help some people, but I haven't heard about it curing very many cases of PF. The label carries a warning that it should not be taken by people allergic to shellfish, or sulfer.

BrianG

Ellen J. on 7/17/02 at 20:26 (089913)

Hi Melanie,
Can you tell us which brand you took? I am curious because at this point I'll try just about anything as long as it's safe.
Ellen J.

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/20/02 at 10:09 (090209)

Hi,
I know how you feel because I was wanting to find anything to help me. I take a brand called Anatomix, 1000 mg, which I order from a company called Neways. It is a tablet, 45 to a bottle and costs $15.40 before shipping and taxes. This brand also has cat's claw in it. This is the only MSM brand I have used and you can only get this by ordering it. I know there are other brands, but because of my success with Anatomix I am a faithful user of it. I have an Aunt who had trouble with her feet, not plantar fasciitis, and it really helped her walk better but I don't know what brand she used. If you want to order Anatomix I can mail you an order form and you can try it.
I don't know how many people have tried MSM for this but I feel so much better that I just wanted to let others know how it helped me. I appreciate every day that I can walk with no pain.
Let me know if you want an order form and I hope if you do try MSM it will help you and I would like to know if it does. Melanie H

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/20/02 at 10:35 (090212)

MSM stands for methylsulonylmethane as Brian G said. Anatomix which is the brand I use also contains cat's claw. I don't know it this herb makes a big difference or not but I know that Anatomix worked great for me.
I will give you the website to Neways, the company that makes this brand, and you can read their write up on it. To order from this company you have to go through someone who is with the company. If anyone wants the order form just email me your address and I will mail you a form.
Here is the address and steps to follow to get to the info.
http://www.neways.com click on 'product line' then click on 'nutritional'
scroll down till you get to 'skeletal system - joints' under this catagory you will find 'Anatomix,' click on it and you can read the info.
I hope this helps and I hope that if anyone tries MSM it helps you like it helped me. Melanie H

Re: Melanie

Pete R on 7/20/02 at 12:52 (090215)

Are you totally cured ?

Can you walk for a long distance without pain ?

Thanks

Re: Melanie to Pete R

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/20/02 at 23:31 (090253)

As far as I am concerned I would say that I am cured. I haven't had to go back to the doctor since last fall before I started taking MSM. I no longer have any pain from walking or from sitting down and having pain when you get up. For example, today I was out walking and jogging and it did not bother me at all. No one other than someone who has had plantar fasciitis can appreciate how great it is to be able to walk, jog etc. and not feel the pain. I am not a doctor, nurse or any other medical person, so I don't know much about MSM or cat's claw, just that it helped me and I wanted to let others know in case maybe it could help them.

Re: Melanie have you ever posted here before?

Shaira on 7/24/02 at 01:37 (090476)

Melanie, have you ever posted here before?

Because I just did a search on your name, and I saw nothing posted.

Hmmm..

At any rate...I have tried MSM and got no results. I've heard of people getting results...but wouldn't they just buy it from a health food store or a vitamin shop and not through MLM scheme?

Hmmm.

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/27/02 at 13:43 (090751)

Hello,
No I have not posted here before. I am not in any MLM scheme, I only buy the product for my own personal use and I am sorry you haven't had any success with MSM. Like I said in some of my messages, cat's claw is in this along with the MSM and that might be the difference, I don't know. I just know how it helped me and I wanted to let others know in case maybe it might help them too. Melanie H

Ed P on 7/17/02 at 11:35 (089874)

What is MSM?

BrianG on 7/17/02 at 19:28 (089906)

MSM is short for Methylsulfonylmethane. It's an 'organic source of sulpher, a mineral that is vital in the formation of collagen, connective tissue, and healhy joint cartilage'

I took that info right off the bottle of MSM with Glucosamine, that I have. I've heard it has done some good things for other people, especially with joint type problems. I take 1 a day, which most likely isn't enough, since I still have big PF pain. It's one of the sulpher drugs, which I do believe can help some people, but I haven't heard about it curing very many cases of PF. The label carries a warning that it should not be taken by people allergic to shellfish, or sulfer.

BrianG

Ellen J. on 7/17/02 at 20:26 (089913)

Hi Melanie,
Can you tell us which brand you took? I am curious because at this point I'll try just about anything as long as it's safe.
Ellen J.

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/20/02 at 10:09 (090209)

Hi,
I know how you feel because I was wanting to find anything to help me. I take a brand called Anatomix, 1000 mg, which I order from a company called Neways. It is a tablet, 45 to a bottle and costs $15.40 before shipping and taxes. This brand also has cat's claw in it. This is the only MSM brand I have used and you can only get this by ordering it. I know there are other brands, but because of my success with Anatomix I am a faithful user of it. I have an Aunt who had trouble with her feet, not plantar fasciitis, and it really helped her walk better but I don't know what brand she used. If you want to order Anatomix I can mail you an order form and you can try it.
I don't know how many people have tried MSM for this but I feel so much better that I just wanted to let others know how it helped me. I appreciate every day that I can walk with no pain.
Let me know if you want an order form and I hope if you do try MSM it will help you and I would like to know if it does. Melanie H

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/20/02 at 10:35 (090212)

MSM stands for methylsulonylmethane as Brian G said. Anatomix which is the brand I use also contains cat's claw. I don't know it this herb makes a big difference or not but I know that Anatomix worked great for me.
I will give you the website to Neways, the company that makes this brand, and you can read their write up on it. To order from this company you have to go through someone who is with the company. If anyone wants the order form just email me your address and I will mail you a form.
Here is the address and steps to follow to get to the info.
http://www.neways.com click on 'product line' then click on 'nutritional'
scroll down till you get to 'skeletal system - joints' under this catagory you will find 'Anatomix,' click on it and you can read the info.
I hope this helps and I hope that if anyone tries MSM it helps you like it helped me. Melanie H

Re: Melanie

Pete R on 7/20/02 at 12:52 (090215)

Are you totally cured ?

Can you walk for a long distance without pain ?

Thanks

Re: Melanie to Pete R

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/20/02 at 23:31 (090253)

As far as I am concerned I would say that I am cured. I haven't had to go back to the doctor since last fall before I started taking MSM. I no longer have any pain from walking or from sitting down and having pain when you get up. For example, today I was out walking and jogging and it did not bother me at all. No one other than someone who has had plantar fasciitis can appreciate how great it is to be able to walk, jog etc. and not feel the pain. I am not a doctor, nurse or any other medical person, so I don't know much about MSM or cat's claw, just that it helped me and I wanted to let others know in case maybe it could help them.

Shaira on 7/24/02 at 01:37 (090476)

Melanie, have you ever posted here before?

Because I just did a search on your name, and I saw nothing posted.

Hmmm..

At any rate...I have tried MSM and got no results. I've heard of people getting results...but wouldn't they just buy it from a health food store or a vitamin shop and not through MLM scheme?

Hmmm.

Melanie Huneycutt on 7/27/02 at 13:43 (090751)

Hello,
No I have not posted here before. I am not in any MLM scheme, I only buy the product for my own personal use and I am sorry you haven't had any success with MSM. Like I said in some of my messages, cat's claw is in this along with the MSM and that might be the difference, I don't know. I just know how it helped me and I wanted to let others know in case maybe it might help them too. Melanie H