Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Arch Bandage for PF- docs?

Posted by Mar on 7/18/02 at 08:42 (089950)

Docs --

I had ESWT 8 weeks ago and am still in severe pain. The doctor gave me an elastic arch support to wear at night to see if that helps. I have tried it one night on each foot so far and both times I had to take it off in the middle of the night because the bone on the outer side of my foot was so painful (this bone is not generally painful -- one of the few parts on my feet that isn't!). Any thoughts? I am scheduled for a second ESWT in mid August if the pain doesn;t go away. Mar

Re: Arch Bandage for PF- docs?

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/18/02 at 20:02 (090008)

Mar:

Why don't you use a night splint instead of the arch strapping. It will stretchthe fascia passively..
Dr. John Cozzarelli

Mar on 7/19/02 at 07:58 (090084)

Doc -- I guess I feel I should do what my doctor recommends as I have paid a lot of money to get treated by him. Also, i looked at pictures of the night splints!! People actually wear them to bed?? And sleep??? I will ask my doc about them and see what he thinks. Thanks -- Mar

dave r on 7/19/02 at 11:14 (090106)

I have been wearing night splints for three years. This week was the first week that i have been able to sop wearing them. Its been four days

Mar on 7/19/02 at 14:19 (090129)

Dave -

During the 3 years that you wore them, were you pain free during the day, or are you saying it took 3 years of wearing them to get pain free? Are they comfortable to wear???? You wear them all night long??? Mar

paula on 7/19/02 at 18:42 (090152)

what is an arch bandage?

Mar on 7/19/02 at 20:35 (090174)

An arch bandage is an elastic that fits over the foot and around the arch area. The package says it is for fallen arches and flat feet, neither of which I have!! Mar

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/18/02 at 20:02 (090008)

Mar:

Why don't you use a night splint instead of the arch strapping. It will stretchthe fascia passively..
Dr. John Cozzarelli

Mar on 7/19/02 at 07:58 (090084)

Doc -- I guess I feel I should do what my doctor recommends as I have paid a lot of money to get treated by him. Also, i looked at pictures of the night splints!! People actually wear them to bed?? And sleep??? I will ask my doc about them and see what he thinks. Thanks -- Mar

dave r on 7/19/02 at 11:14 (090106)

I have been wearing night splints for three years. This week was the first week that i have been able to sop wearing them. Its been four days

Mar on 7/19/02 at 14:19 (090129)

Dave -

During the 3 years that you wore them, were you pain free during the day, or are you saying it took 3 years of wearing them to get pain free? Are they comfortable to wear???? You wear them all night long??? Mar

paula on 7/19/02 at 18:42 (090152)

what is an arch bandage?

Mar on 7/19/02 at 20:35 (090174)

An arch bandage is an elastic that fits over the foot and around the arch area. The package says it is for fallen arches and flat feet, neither of which I have!! Mar