Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My wait is over, thankfully :*)

Posted by BrianG on 7/18/02 at 21:37 (090023)

When I was no longer able to work last October, and had to apply for SSD, I was braced for the typical 1-3 year fight. After all, there are only a handful of people here that have received a favorable outcome. After noticing a direct deposit in my checking account, from the US Treasury, I had a feeling something was up. My lawyer advised I wait a second month, to see what happens, and maybe get official notification. After the 2nd direct deposit, I called the lawyer again, and then my local Social Security rep.

She informed me that I was approved on April 2nd, right after the manditory 5 month wait. I can't imagine why SSD hasn't contacted me, with an official determination, but I'm not going to let it worry me now, I am on!!!!

If you get to a point, where you can no longer work, I am living proof that we PF sufferer's can be approved. It also helps to have 2 or 3 ailments, like chronic pain, depression, and anxiety. They all go together. I kept good records, but I think the my bigget asset was my doctor. I didn't see his report, but I know what I've dicussed with him over the years, and I'm sure he went back, and pulled out the most important information, for his part.

Lastly, thanks to everyone that said a few prayers for me along the way, I know they helped. I feel positive the man upstairs was looking out for me. It is such a relief, not to get the 2nd denial, and have to go before a judge. I got my award after the first denial, and appeal. Only about 5% of the applicants get approved at this stage :*)

Thanks for everything,
BrianG

Re: My wait is over, thankfully :*)

Necee on 7/19/02 at 00:13 (090057)

Thats wonderful Brian. I know how difficult going through those denials must be.
This certainly won't take the pain away that you suffer with, but hopefully it will give you peace of mind.
All the best to you.

Happy trails....

Necee

Julie on 7/19/02 at 02:49 (090070)

Brian, that really is wonderful news. I'm delighted for you. It has been a long haul, and the outcome is great news for everyone here.

Congratulations (don't spend it all it once)!

All the best

Julie

Suzanne D on 7/19/02 at 08:35 (090088)

What good news to read this morning! I am happy for you, Brian. You deserved the compensation, and I am pleased that you did not have to go through another denial.

Yes, I have said some prayers for you as well as others here. It makes me happy to read of answers to those as well as the prayers of others.

You take care! Continue to advise others as you have done so well in the past in the matters of pain control and disability. I am sure you will help lead others to attain what they also deserve.

Best wishes always,
Suzanne :-)

Barbara S on 7/19/02 at 10:38 (090100)

Brian, I'm really happy for you. This was great news this morning. I'm still off of work, used up all 6wks of my vacation this year. I rceived a call from my supervisor stating she expected to see me THur. 6am July 18th.
Well,I didn;t go to work. I called in and said I was neither physically or mentally able to return to work. That since I was on vacation 4wks I was starting a new disability claim. So hopefully I won't get a letter saying I abanded my job. Good luck to you Brian and God Bless. Barbara S

Re: This is so great to read !

Tammie on 7/19/02 at 10:40 (090101)

Brian Thank the Good lord for helping you thru this horrible wait and the energy time and power inside to keep pushing this for the best outcome!

HEH that puppy is going to make you a much much happier plan! I will still pray for you , to see you thru this new endever and to keep the strenghth op to help u with the Take care now Brian, stay happy and most importantTake care and know that you are all!

Re: Thank Goodness I am so very happy for u~~

Tammie on 7/19/02 at 10:48 (090102)

Brian I couldnt be more happier for you!!!! It sure is good that finally after all your pain the years of suffering that you get them to back u!!! Take care and so very glad !!! You R the man!!!!!!!

Re: Sorry some gremlin helped me post more?(eom)

Tammie on 7/19/02 at 10:50 (090103)

'

Missy B on 7/19/02 at 21:40 (090180)

Brian - what great news for you. It has been a long haul but your perserverence has been rewarded. It is so hard for others to look upon those of us who suffer from severe, chronic foot pain as being disabled.
Good Luck to you!
Missy B.

Re: Thanks

BrianG on 7/20/02 at 21:18 (090243)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. It's nice to know I won't have to further aggravate my PF on a daily basis. Yet, it's still had to believe what this little pain in my heel has evolved into. One other thing I forgot to mention earlier. The older you are, the more likely you are to be awarded SSD. I'm 54. I don't think it's right, and I didn't make the rules. Pain is pain, no matter how old someone is. I post in order to give others hope. Never give up the fight!!! Good luck

BrianG

Necee on 7/19/02 at 00:13 (090057)

Thats wonderful Brian. I know how difficult going through those denials must be.
This certainly won't take the pain away that you suffer with, but hopefully it will give you peace of mind.
All the best to you.

Happy trails....

Necee

Julie on 7/19/02 at 02:49 (090070)

Brian, that really is wonderful news. I'm delighted for you. It has been a long haul, and the outcome is great news for everyone here.

Congratulations (don't spend it all it once)!

All the best

Julie

Suzanne D on 7/19/02 at 08:35 (090088)

What good news to read this morning! I am happy for you, Brian. You deserved the compensation, and I am pleased that you did not have to go through another denial.

Yes, I have said some prayers for you as well as others here. It makes me happy to read of answers to those as well as the prayers of others.

You take care! Continue to advise others as you have done so well in the past in the matters of pain control and disability. I am sure you will help lead others to attain what they also deserve.

Best wishes always,
Suzanne :-)

Barbara S on 7/19/02 at 10:38 (090100)

Brian, I'm really happy for you. This was great news this morning. I'm still off of work, used up all 6wks of my vacation this year. I rceived a call from my supervisor stating she expected to see me THur. 6am July 18th.
Well,I didn;t go to work. I called in and said I was neither physically or mentally able to return to work. That since I was on vacation 4wks I was starting a new disability claim. So hopefully I won't get a letter saying I abanded my job. Good luck to you Brian and God Bless. Barbara S

Re: This is so great to read !

Tammie on 7/19/02 at 10:40 (090101)

Brian Thank the Good lord for helping you thru this horrible wait and the energy time and power inside to keep pushing this for the best outcome!

HEH that puppy is going to make you a much much happier plan! I will still pray for you , to see you thru this new endever and to keep the strenghth op to help u with the Take care now Brian, stay happy and most importantTake care and know that you are all!

Re: Thank Goodness I am so very happy for u~~

Tammie on 7/19/02 at 10:48 (090102)

Brian I couldnt be more happier for you!!!! It sure is good that finally after all your pain the years of suffering that you get them to back u!!! Take care and so very glad !!! You R the man!!!!!!!

Re: Sorry some gremlin helped me post more?(eom)

Tammie on 7/19/02 at 10:50 (090103)

'

Missy B on 7/19/02 at 21:40 (090180)

Brian - what great news for you. It has been a long haul but your perserverence has been rewarded. It is so hard for others to look upon those of us who suffer from severe, chronic foot pain as being disabled.
Good Luck to you!
Missy B.

Re: Thanks

BrianG on 7/20/02 at 21:18 (090243)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. It's nice to know I won't have to further aggravate my PF on a daily basis. Yet, it's still had to believe what this little pain in my heel has evolved into. One other thing I forgot to mention earlier. The older you are, the more likely you are to be awarded SSD. I'm 54. I don't think it's right, and I didn't make the rules. Pain is pain, no matter how old someone is. I post in order to give others hope. Never give up the fight!!! Good luck

BrianG