Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heal pain

Posted by Kate on 7/19/02 at 00:24 (090059)

I have had heal pain since 1997. I am so tired of hearing about the bogus treatments for heal pain. None of them has worked for me. Ice, stretching, custom made orthotics, NB sneakers, C. shots. These treatments have all failed over the years. I do not have heel pain first thing in the morning.

I have seen 5 foot doctors Podiatrists, One orthopedic who didn't recommend surgery ( he didn't recommend anything), one physical therapist, one prolotherapist, and had a few reflexology appointments.

I have severe pain after standing longer than 10minutes. After I rest it goes away and then I can stand up again until the window of time of 10 to 15 minutes is up. The bottoms of my heels feel deeply bruised inside. Yes, I do have bone spurs

Re: Heal pain

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/19/02 at 21:27 (090178)

Hi Kate:

I sense your frustration with your heel pain. Sometimes the above treatments work for many patients. it is unfurtunate that you did not get relief. Do you have pin point pain? or is it more generalized in the fascia. Do you have sharp pain? or dull achy pain?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Pete R on 7/20/02 at 13:20 (090219)

Kate, Have similar symptoms to you, no morning pain but pain on standing (particularly) and walking. Sometimes I can walk for 10 mins and it hurts, other times it is for longer. After a rest I can walk / stand a bit more. I've tried many treatments, spent a fortune, and am part way through ESWT (no one here in England seems to rate it as a treatment)

To get to the point, I'm thinking mine maybe nerve entrapment, have you considered this ? Starting my research now !

Pete

Re: Dr. Cozzarelli /heel pain

Kate on 7/22/02 at 16:41 (090366)

Dr. John Cozzarelli:

Thank you for responding to my cry for help concerning my chronic heel pain.

Imagine someone took a hammer and hammered the bottom of your heals and then pushed on the bruise and wouldn't let up until you sat down. After you rested you were then able to stand up for about ten minutes and then someone pushed on the contusion again. If you remain standing you will soon have a dull ache in the back of your knees in addition to the feeling like the calcaneus bone is bruised.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 7/19/02 at 21:27 (090178)

Hi Kate:

I sense your frustration with your heel pain. Sometimes the above treatments work for many patients. it is unfurtunate that you did not get relief. Do you have pin point pain? or is it more generalized in the fascia. Do you have sharp pain? or dull achy pain?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Pete R on 7/20/02 at 13:20 (090219)

Kate, Have similar symptoms to you, no morning pain but pain on standing (particularly) and walking. Sometimes I can walk for 10 mins and it hurts, other times it is for longer. After a rest I can walk / stand a bit more. I've tried many treatments, spent a fortune, and am part way through ESWT (no one here in England seems to rate it as a treatment)

To get to the point, I'm thinking mine maybe nerve entrapment, have you considered this ? Starting my research now !

Pete

Re: Dr. Cozzarelli /heel pain

Kate on 7/22/02 at 16:41 (090366)

Dr. John Cozzarelli:

Thank you for responding to my cry for help concerning my chronic heel pain.

Imagine someone took a hammer and hammered the bottom of your heals and then pushed on the bruise and wouldn't let up until you sat down. After you rested you were then able to stand up for about ten minutes and then someone pushed on the contusion again. If you remain standing you will soon have a dull ache in the back of your knees in addition to the feeling like the calcaneus bone is bruised.