Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New pain - sensitive to pressure

Posted by Andrue on 7/20/02 at 04:52 (090194)

Well here's something new (for me).

My left foot has just developed a sensitive area. It's on the inside of my foot between the heel and the top of my arch (quite near the top - possibly where the post. tib. tendon inserts). It's very sensitive to pressure and the more it gets pressed the more sensitive it becomes. The pain is a dull aching and can also be trigged by trying move my big too away from the next toe (ie;moving it toward my other foot).

It feels a bit like a bruise but there's no sign of a bruise from the outside. Any ideas what it is?

The only thing I've been doing differently recently is using a heat lamp to increase blood flow. Could that have caused this?

Re: New pain - sensitive to pressure

DR Zuckerman on 7/21/02 at 02:31 (090261)

IT sounds like the area of the post tib inserion. What others activities can you attribute this to.? Ice the area. rest and if wearing orthois take a look at them.

Andrue on 7/21/02 at 04:34 (090264)

Thanks for the response. I'm not really aware of anything new I've been doing that might have caused this. It's better today so perhaps I might have just pushed on something that caused a flare up?

Anyway I'll stick to ice for a couple of days then perhaps try the heat again.

DR Zuckerman on 7/21/02 at 02:31 (090261)

IT sounds like the area of the post tib inserion. What others activities can you attribute this to.? Ice the area. rest and if wearing orthois take a look at them.

Andrue on 7/21/02 at 04:34 (090264)

Thanks for the response. I'm not really aware of anything new I've been doing that might have caused this. It's better today so perhaps I might have just pushed on something that caused a flare up?

Anyway I'll stick to ice for a couple of days then perhaps try the heat again.