Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain /scar tissue

Posted by trish e on 7/22/02 at 07:17 (090336)

hello,could you please help me understand what could be going on with my foot,i had surgery back in feb,and i have worse pain (heel) swelling in side incision area can only walk a short time and than i limp,i went for an emg and the results were possible pinched nurve in my L-5 but as far as the foot results they said to much scar tissue in the area.i thought it took years to develope scar tissue?also the med NEURONTRIN he has increased it to 1900mg with no results in relieving the pain,also when having the emg i could not spread my toes!this lasted 1.5 hrs and the dr said well are you moving them now this was the next day.could it be the surgery just didn't work and will a pinched nerve cause severe heel pain ?

Re: heel pain /scar tissue

Dan L on 7/25/02 at 14:37 (090587)

Sounds like how my bilateral PF progressed after surgery about 3 years ago.
Look into a condition called RSD. You'll find very good info on RSD on this same board under Ask A Doctor.
Best wishes.
I'm BARELY walking in Indianapolis. I use a motorized wheelchair lots now.
Bye 4 now.
Dan

Re: heel pain /scar tissue

Dan L on 7/25/02 at 14:37 (090587)

Sounds like how my bilateral PF progressed after surgery about 3 years ago.
Look into a condition called RSD. You'll find very good info on RSD on this same board under Ask A Doctor.
Best wishes.
I'm BARELY walking in Indianapolis. I use a motorized wheelchair lots now.
Bye 4 now.
Dan