Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foam

Posted by paula on 7/22/02 at 11:31 (090345)

docs, ibet you know where i can order a flat piece of adhesive backed foam . after about 4,000 dollars of orthotics that don't work, i put a small piece i got from a pt in my birkenstock in an area i thought might help and got some relief. i would like to try my other foot and experiment with this idea in other areas of my feet. it is thin and very soft foam.

Re: foam

DR Zuckerman on 7/22/02 at 20:50 (090388)

How about office max or a carpet store.

Re: maybe foam is the wrong word. it is made especailly for feet

paula on 7/22/02 at 21:42 (090393)

this is very thin and especially made for foot pain. physical therapists use it and i think pods use it too, as i recall her telling me that. surely there is a soft cuttable cushuning with adhesive on one side for feet that is obtained from medical suppoy or podiatric supply places? the little bit i have here is making a world of difference in pain level. i placed it in my birky. i had to experiment a lot to find the right place. more would help cause i have a few other places i'd like to try. this is after two years of agony and all my money. i thought i'd save myself a search on internet and ask the docs here.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/02 at 22:47 (090398)

If this is plastizole then you can find this online or go to orthopedic shoe store

Valerie S on 7/24/02 at 13:50 (090499)

Hi Paula,
I think I know the stuff you are talking about. I took some of that and stuck it in my birks with some success also. Have you thought about going back to the person you originally got it from? Maybe they will sell you a couple more of the pads. My pod just GAVE me some extras, but of course I was a patient at the time... Just a thought. Good luck!
Val.

Re: foam. calling all pods.

paula on 7/24/02 at 16:12 (090512)

the physical therapist who gave me the foam with adhesive on one side has moved from my city . i am sure one of the pods here will tell me where to order it from.

DR Zuckerman on 7/22/02 at 20:50 (090388)

How about office max or a carpet store.

paula on 7/22/02 at 21:42 (090393)

this is very thin and especially made for foot pain. physical therapists use it and i think pods use it too, as i recall her telling me that. surely there is a soft cuttable cushuning with adhesive on one side for feet that is obtained from medical suppoy or podiatric supply places? the little bit i have here is making a world of difference in pain level. i placed it in my birky. i had to experiment a lot to find the right place. more would help cause i have a few other places i'd like to try. this is after two years of agony and all my money. i thought i'd save myself a search on internet and ask the docs here.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/22/02 at 22:47 (090398)

If this is plastizole then you can find this online or go to orthopedic shoe store

Valerie S on 7/24/02 at 13:50 (090499)

Hi Paula,
I think I know the stuff you are talking about. I took some of that and stuck it in my birks with some success also. Have you thought about going back to the person you originally got it from? Maybe they will sell you a couple more of the pads. My pod just GAVE me some extras, but of course I was a patient at the time... Just a thought. Good luck!
Val.

Re: foam. calling all pods.

paula on 7/24/02 at 16:12 (090512)

the physical therapist who gave me the foam with adhesive on one side has moved from my city . i am sure one of the pods here will tell me where to order it from.