Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

July is fading fast!!!!!

Posted by Necee on 7/22/02 at 12:13 (090349)

Well ya'll, this month is just about over and I'll soon be back at work.

I accomplished what I had set out to do.....paint the inside of my house, visit with family and friends, and just enjoy the many things that life has to offer, with or without this pain!!

Last Thursday I took a day trip with my sister-in-law. We took my nephew and niece and spent the day seeking out museums. There is this wonderful place here in Texas where the people live quite similar to the Amish, although they do drive vehicles, use telephones, electricity, etc. Anyway, their community is called Heritage Homestead, they have several old cabins and barns that house all their wares, they make beautiful furniture, grow there own food (all natural of course), make soap, dip candles, throw pottery, you name it and they do it. They are completely self suffcient. The women never wear makeup, or cut their hair, and always wear bland colored dresses. It's a wonderful place to spend the afternoon. We got there early, and had lunch in their cafe, (homemade all natural wheat bread, all natural icecream, and cookies sweetened with natural fruit juices, it was very good!! After lunch we hit the road, heading south we stopped in several small towns, and of course hit every antique shop we could find, one had an artisian well inside! This well was built back in the 1800's, is over 40' deep and opens into this 20'x20' area at the bottom. The water was crystal clear.

I had taken this book along with us showing all the interesting little things to see and do in every town that we went through, so that made it nice. We found this really great museum, it had lots of artifacts and educational displays for the kids to enjoy.

I have plans this week to have lunch with a highschool classmate that I haven't seen in about 11 yrs, so I'm really looking forward to that. A dear friend and I will also be spending Wednesday shopping, something I always enjoy!! And this coming weekend I plan on having a Barn Sale at our ranch. We display everything in our barn hallway...antiques, collectibles, kick knacks, some farm emplements, you name it. I sell big Dill pickles and Moon Pies for a nickel, (thats a southern thing). We always have a great turnout, and meet lots of nice people......ya'll come!!!!

Guess I've gone on long enough......

Happy trails!......

Necee

Re: July is fading fast!!!!!

Suzanne D on 7/23/02 at 08:54 (090411)

Yes it is, Necee! I'm proud of all you accomplished and happy for you to have had such a productive break!

I, too, will be back at work soon. Our first day with the children is August 5 as we're on an alternative calendar. Of course many days before that will be spent in preparation and meetings.

You all know by now that I love school, and so I am looking forward to another new year - my 23rd in teaching. (I substututed two years before that.) However, this summer has been special as it is the last one before my daughter's wedding next April. Although she has worked full time during this break, it has been good to have her home. So I view the end of my break before school this year with mixed emotions.

My computer is doing strange things: I have already been knocked off the internet once while typing this, so I will close and hope to look at Carole's house pictures in another thread.

Happy day to everyone!
Suzanne :-)

Re: July is fading fast!!!!!

Suzanne D on 7/23/02 at 08:54 (090411)

Yes it is, Necee! I'm proud of all you accomplished and happy for you to have had such a productive break!

I, too, will be back at work soon. Our first day with the children is August 5 as we're on an alternative calendar. Of course many days before that will be spent in preparation and meetings.

You all know by now that I love school, and so I am looking forward to another new year - my 23rd in teaching. (I substututed two years before that.) However, this summer has been special as it is the last one before my daughter's wedding next April. Although she has worked full time during this break, it has been good to have her home. So I view the end of my break before school this year with mixed emotions.

My computer is doing strange things: I have already been knocked off the internet once while typing this, so I will close and hope to look at Carole's house pictures in another thread.

Happy day to everyone!
Suzanne :-)