Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

V.A. for John H and Brian

Posted by J. King on 7/22/02 at 15:25 (090365)

John and Brian

I just got my V.A. disability raised to 70% for PTSD. This has nothing to do with PF but for those combat vets needing help this might be an avenue. For information go to Hadit.com and look around these people have all the answers. Once you get that 60-70% rating you can go for total disability which is about 2400$ a month tax free. I am just throwing this out there. I know how hard it is to live on SSD and we need all the help we can get.

John K

Re: Thanks

BrianG on 7/23/02 at 15:44 (090438)

Hi JohnK,

I did answer your post, but I can only imagine where it ended up. Thanks for the info. I doesn't really effect me, as I never saw combat, but JohnH was probably in the middle of the shit. Glad you were able to get the upgrade.

BrianG

PS I did pass on that web site, Hadit.com at another forum dealing with chronic pain, that I visit. Some of the Vet's there were quite happy to hear about it.

john h on 7/23/02 at 18:13 (090448)

John H managed to get shot down in Laos Brian near the DMZ. Just glad to be here.

J. King on 7/25/02 at 11:12 (090565)

John H

What is your email address? I want to talk to you about something to do with Vietnam and the V.A. I have a few ideas that might help you. I don't want to be nosey but something came through for me and I think you could benefit as well.

John K

john h on 7/25/02 at 12:36 (090577)

J King: '(email removed)'

Re: Thank you from me and my husband

Valerie S on 7/25/02 at 20:57 (090624)

Thanks, John!

My husband is a Desert Storm vet suffering from PTSD and has been fighting his claim rejections for several years now. I will pass this site on to him. Congratulations on your success with the VA, and thank you to all veterans for serving our country and protecting our freedom. If it weren't for the people willing to serve, we would not be able to speak up and fight for our own rights like we do here!

Val.

J. King on 7/26/02 at 06:23 (090642)

Valerie

PTSD is one of the hardest claims to win because you must have verified stress factors along with symptoms. In other words, you must prove that you experienced traumatic event such seeing buddies killed or wounded and being in fear of your life. It is easier if you have combat MOS or purple heart but the V.A. still wants that verfication. Hadit.com has real experts in PTSD. Also, most Vet Centers have PTSD groups. If you have to go into a PTSD inpatient situation then so be it. You can't depend on DAV or a service officer to win the case. Good luck! It takes time and the V.A. uses the time factor to discourage vets from filing. Get a good private psychiatrist to do an evaulation and send it to V.A. as new evidence.

BrianG on 7/26/02 at 10:28 (090662)

Hi Val,

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is having to fight, for what is rightly his. I look forward to the day, when the VA will treat all vet's with the dignity and professionalism they deserve. One thing I'd like to pass on, is that I'm sure the VA will be looking for depression, as well as the PTSD. If he is depressed, please ensure that he speaks with his doctor, to be presribd the proper anti-depressants. It will help his case. If he's already gone down this road, I wish him the best. And please thank him for me, for serving voluntarily.

Regards
BrianG

Valerie S on 7/28/02 at 12:28 (090802)

Thanks for the added insight, John. As soon as he gets over this cold and now mysterious sore shoulder, my husband will be able to explore this site more fully for himself.

I don't think he would appreciate if I divulged details of his case, but you are right on the money... he has gone through a lot of what you say here. There is no documentation of events that he reported, and he has been in and out of hospital over the years. Thank God he was able to finish school and now has a job he actually likes. I know he is still suffering, but he does not like to talk about it.

Valerie S on 7/28/02 at 12:29 (090803)

Thanks Brian.
He is seeking the treatment he needs.
Val.

BrianG on 7/23/02 at 15:44 (090438)

Hi JohnK,

I did answer your post, but I can only imagine where it ended up. Thanks for the info. I doesn't really effect me, as I never saw combat, but JohnH was probably in the middle of the shit. Glad you were able to get the upgrade.

BrianG

PS I did pass on that web site, Hadit.com at another forum dealing with chronic pain, that I visit. Some of the Vet's there were quite happy to hear about it.

john h on 7/23/02 at 18:13 (090448)

John H managed to get shot down in Laos Brian near the DMZ. Just glad to be here.

J. King on 7/25/02 at 11:12 (090565)

John H

What is your email address? I want to talk to you about something to do with Vietnam and the V.A. I have a few ideas that might help you. I don't want to be nosey but something came through for me and I think you could benefit as well.

John K

john h on 7/25/02 at 12:36 (090577)

J King: '(email removed)'

Valerie S on 7/25/02 at 20:57 (090624)

Thanks, John!

My husband is a Desert Storm vet suffering from PTSD and has been fighting his claim rejections for several years now. I will pass this site on to him. Congratulations on your success with the VA, and thank you to all veterans for serving our country and protecting our freedom. If it weren't for the people willing to serve, we would not be able to speak up and fight for our own rights like we do here!

Val.

J. King on 7/26/02 at 06:23 (090642)

Valerie

PTSD is one of the hardest claims to win because you must have verified stress factors along with symptoms. In other words, you must prove that you experienced traumatic event such seeing buddies killed or wounded and being in fear of your life. It is easier if you have combat MOS or purple heart but the V.A. still wants that verfication. Hadit.com has real experts in PTSD. Also, most Vet Centers have PTSD groups. If you have to go into a PTSD inpatient situation then so be it. You can't depend on DAV or a service officer to win the case. Good luck! It takes time and the V.A. uses the time factor to discourage vets from filing. Get a good private psychiatrist to do an evaulation and send it to V.A. as new evidence.

BrianG on 7/26/02 at 10:28 (090662)

Hi Val,

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is having to fight, for what is rightly his. I look forward to the day, when the VA will treat all vet's with the dignity and professionalism they deserve. One thing I'd like to pass on, is that I'm sure the VA will be looking for depression, as well as the PTSD. If he is depressed, please ensure that he speaks with his doctor, to be presribd the proper anti-depressants. It will help his case. If he's already gone down this road, I wish him the best. And please thank him for me, for serving voluntarily.

Regards
BrianG

Valerie S on 7/28/02 at 12:28 (090802)

Thanks for the added insight, John. As soon as he gets over this cold and now mysterious sore shoulder, my husband will be able to explore this site more fully for himself.

I don't think he would appreciate if I divulged details of his case, but you are right on the money... he has gone through a lot of what you say here. There is no documentation of events that he reported, and he has been in and out of hospital over the years. Thank God he was able to finish school and now has a job he actually likes. I know he is still suffering, but he does not like to talk about it.

Valerie S on 7/28/02 at 12:29 (090803)

Thanks Brian.
He is seeking the treatment he needs.
Val.