Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ruptured disc and foot pain

Posted by kelly on 7/22/02 at 21:50 (090394)

I just go back from the doctor and was told that I have 3 herniated or ruptured discs. I was told that there is nothing that I can do,surgery isnt recommended. He is going to do an epidural. My problem is that he isn't doing anything for my foot pain. I have mutiple heel spurs, and pain that is on achilles tendon,around ankle,on top, and it hurts to lie my foot flat,or to stand on tip toes. He said that I've probably got tendenitis and that my back is probably making my foot hurt. I cant live like this. I can't get a job sitting {cause of back},and in my current job, I stand all day,in a bent over position. Is there anything that can be done about my foot? Will having surgery to remove the spurs help with the pain? The doctor im seeing is and orthopedic surgeon, should I see a podiatrist? Help, im so confused, and my doctor doesn't seem comfortable with the foot issue. Also what exactly causes disc to rupture? I cut childrens hair and since they move alot,im always bent over,and twisting, could this be the reason why this happened? Im also overweight, but I've never had back pain in my life,not until I started this job.

Re: two second opinions

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/25/02 at 20:03 (090617)

Consider a second opinion on your foot from a podiatrist and a second opinion on your back from a neurosurgeon.
Ed

Re: two second opinions

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/25/02 at 20:03 (090617)

Consider a second opinion on your foot from a podiatrist and a second opinion on your back from a neurosurgeon.
Ed