Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MRI

Posted by Barbara S on 7/24/02 at 15:21 (090505)

Hi Ok saw Pod today after having MRI on Sat. Everything is coming along fine,it is just going to take more time. Everywhere I'm having pain and swelling is all on account of the surgery. I guess I'm just going to be one of those lucky ones who is going to take a full year to heal. I'm going to continue PT,but at the pain management clinic. I will also work with pyschologist to learn some bio-feed back, to help with fibromyalgia.
I guess I'm just being impatient,but It is depressing watching my husband going off golfing without me and people walking their dogs, & kids. I do not begrudge my husband or these people of their abilities to do this,I just want to join them. Oh well hopefully soon I'll get to join them.
Carole, I have been reading your post on house hunting, congratulations on finding a house that you like. Before you know it you'll be settled in and enjoying you new home.
Take care and God Bless. Barbara S.

Re: MRI

kay on 7/25/02 at 15:07 (090590)

barb i know exactly what you are saying about seeing everyone else doing stuff you want to do. it makes me feel sorry for myself sometimes. lol
best of luck to you
kay

Barbara S on 7/25/02 at 16:58 (090594)

Kay, RIght,but then you'll see someone worse off and I think to myself 'I am going to beat this and get better. Thanks Best of Luck to you.

kay on 7/26/02 at 12:34 (090672)

right you are barb. i've been hit by yet another health problem. its called benign parolxysmal positioning vertigo. but i will keep telling myself i won't die from it. i may wish i were dead but i'm still kicking. lol
kay

trish e on 7/26/02 at 20:44 (090715)

hello everyone I to had an MRI done alone with EMG both showing herniated disk L-5 s-1 so it seems this is what is causing all my heal pain,because if you read back i'am almost 6 months post op,have increased nurontin to 1800 mg and still no relief,still wearing air-cast every 3/4 hours to relieve some of the pain, i have had cortizone shot in incision that hurt like hell, has anyone else had this happen! well thanks for listening and good luck to ya all.

Barbara S on 7/27/02 at 11:34 (090740)

Hi Trish, I'm 3 months post-op from tts and I had MRI on my back 1995 which showed bulging disc L-4,L5,and S1. I'm 49yrs old. Do you mind my asking how old you are? I was only up to 900mg of neurotin, but had to stop as I was having problem with it,such as slurred speach, memory loss,etc so Primary Care Physician had me stop. So I just take 50mg of Ultram every 4 hrs and 10mg of Ambien at night to sleep. I have begun to wonder about the relation between my back problems and my feet. The last week or so my knees have really been aching and hard for me to get up and down especially stairs.
I will be starting physical therapy at Pain Clinic this Monday & Wednesday. I also will be starting biofeedback Aug. 7th. Hope these things are going to increase my quality of life as it has taken a big dive since last summer.
If you would like to talk more my email address is (email removed)
Good Luck to you & God BLess. Barbara S.

kay on 7/25/02 at 15:07 (090590)

barb i know exactly what you are saying about seeing everyone else doing stuff you want to do. it makes me feel sorry for myself sometimes. lol
best of luck to you
kay

Barbara S on 7/25/02 at 16:58 (090594)

Kay, RIght,but then you'll see someone worse off and I think to myself 'I am going to beat this and get better. Thanks Best of Luck to you.

kay on 7/26/02 at 12:34 (090672)

right you are barb. i've been hit by yet another health problem. its called benign parolxysmal positioning vertigo. but i will keep telling myself i won't die from it. i may wish i were dead but i'm still kicking. lol
kay

trish e on 7/26/02 at 20:44 (090715)

hello everyone I to had an MRI done alone with EMG both showing herniated disk L-5 s-1 so it seems this is what is causing all my heal pain,because if you read back i'am almost 6 months post op,have increased nurontin to 1800 mg and still no relief,still wearing air-cast every 3/4 hours to relieve some of the pain, i have had cortizone shot in incision that hurt like hell, has anyone else had this happen! well thanks for listening and good luck to ya all.

Barbara S on 7/27/02 at 11:34 (090740)

Hi Trish, I'm 3 months post-op from tts and I had MRI on my back 1995 which showed bulging disc L-4,L5,and S1. I'm 49yrs old. Do you mind my asking how old you are? I was only up to 900mg of neurotin, but had to stop as I was having problem with it,such as slurred speach, memory loss,etc so Primary Care Physician had me stop. So I just take 50mg of Ultram every 4 hrs and 10mg of Ambien at night to sleep. I have begun to wonder about the relation between my back problems and my feet. The last week or so my knees have really been aching and hard for me to get up and down especially stairs.
I will be starting physical therapy at Pain Clinic this Monday & Wednesday. I also will be starting biofeedback Aug. 7th. Hope these things are going to increase my quality of life as it has taken a big dive since last summer.
If you would like to talk more my email address is (email removed)
Good Luck to you & God BLess. Barbara S.