Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

scott r

Posted by scott r on 7/24/02 at 19:49 (090530)

good research article in journal of joint and bone surg ? on cadavers that says lateral wedge under forefoot reduced tension in plantar aponeurosis (they pointed medial side) out of all the other heel and forefoot wedge placements.

Re: scott r

Carole C in NOLA on 7/24/02 at 20:53 (090535)

That's interesting! Perhaps that would reduce the tension in any foot.

On the other hand, imagine just putting a lateral wedge under the insole at your forefoot. That would tip your forefoot and maybe you'd be putting a lot more pressure on the medial side of your forefoot. That might result in forefoot symptoms.

It would seem like putting a medial wedge under the heel would twist the foot in the same way, taking the pressure off. I wonder why it didn't.

Carole C

paula on 7/24/02 at 21:11 (090536)

i saw that article. that is one of the reasons i am seeking soft foam with adhesive to experiment in a very gentle way that i can remove and place elswehere if not right .

Carole C in NOLA on 7/24/02 at 20:53 (090535)

That's interesting! Perhaps that would reduce the tension in any foot.

On the other hand, imagine just putting a lateral wedge under the insole at your forefoot. That would tip your forefoot and maybe you'd be putting a lot more pressure on the medial side of your forefoot. That might result in forefoot symptoms.

It would seem like putting a medial wedge under the heel would twist the foot in the same way, taking the pressure off. I wonder why it didn't.

Carole C

paula on 7/24/02 at 21:11 (090536)

i saw that article. that is one of the reasons i am seeking soft foam with adhesive to experiment in a very gentle way that i can remove and place elswehere if not right .