Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

for Margie P...

Posted by Suzanne D on 7/25/02 at 08:47 (090552)

Dear Margie,

I read your post to me on the inserts/shoes board and thought I would respond here. Yes, you do sound like a strong person - I am sure you must be as you mentioned you were a breast cancer survivor. Also the head nurse for a school district is a demanding job and requires someone with strength as well!

It is entirely normal for this foot pain to get you down, Margie. It is unrelentless and often seems to have no end in sight, and that is what I think makes it so hard to deal with. As you said, long walks helped your state of mind while dealing with other physical problems, and yet, foot problems keep you more sedentary which is also depressing.

I find a great relief in posting here and reading others' messages. There is strength, as you are aware, in knowing you are not alone. There is strength in learning new ideas to try and in being able to vent when it just gets too much for you to bear alone.

Several people who are now very much improved have stayed on to help encourage others who are in the same situation they were in at one time.

I hope you will continue to read and post here. We will look forward to hearing from you. Perhaps sometime Julie might be able to write a message to you. She has been a great strength on this board and, understandably has taken some time away lately. I know, though, that she is also a breast cancer survivor - even wrote a book about it - and also a yoga teacher and someone who recovered completely from PF. She is extremely knowledgeable on stretching and other treatments. Many other strong people who have dealt with pain for a number of years post here frequently. Get to know them, and I think you will be encouraged!

Take care,
Suzanne :-)

Re: for Margie P...

Julie on 7/28/02 at 15:42 (090818)

Hello Margie

I haven't looked at the board for several days, but luckily I've just seen the message Suzanne posted for you on Thursday. If you're still reading - perhaps you're not, as you haven't responded to her - this is to let you know that I'd be glad to hear from you if you'd like to email me (just click on my name). I don't read the board a great deal these days, so email is the probably best the way of contacting me, and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Julie

...and hi Suzanne, and thanks for thinking of me! Hope you're ok.

margie p on 7/28/02 at 16:04 (090822)

Suzanne
Thanks so much for your message to julie for me. I have to get her email as she directed but was not able to, I have really appreciated hearing from all the people on this board. Everyone was so quick to respond. were you able to continue working through the PF?
margie

margie p on 7/28/02 at 16:13 (090823)

Julie
I tried getting your email as you instructed but it didn't work or I did it wrong. Would love to be in touch. I'm at (email removed). I don't usually open email if I'm not sure who it is from so if you just put your name in the message, I will know.
Thanks

Julie on 7/28/02 at 15:42 (090818)

Hello Margie

I haven't looked at the board for several days, but luckily I've just seen the message Suzanne posted for you on Thursday. If you're still reading - perhaps you're not, as you haven't responded to her - this is to let you know that I'd be glad to hear from you if you'd like to email me (just click on my name). I don't read the board a great deal these days, so email is the probably best the way of contacting me, and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Julie

...and hi Suzanne, and thanks for thinking of me! Hope you're ok.

margie p on 7/28/02 at 16:04 (090822)

Suzanne
Thanks so much for your message to julie for me. I have to get her email as she directed but was not able to, I have really appreciated hearing from all the people on this board. Everyone was so quick to respond. were you able to continue working through the PF?
margie

margie p on 7/28/02 at 16:13 (090823)

Julie
I tried getting your email as you instructed but it didn't work or I did it wrong. Would love to be in touch. I'm at (email removed). I don't usually open email if I'm not sure who it is from so if you just put your name in the message, I will know.
Thanks