Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Average time

Posted by Carrie on 7/25/02 at 10:06 (090561)

Can anyone here tell me what the average legnth of time most of you have had this painful condition and if you have been able to resolve it?

Also I am still not even 100% convinced that this is what I have. Are there many things that mimick it and if so what is the best way to figure out which thing you have?

My pain seems so bad that you cannot even touch the back part of my foot without me jumping. When my husband tried to rub it for me it is really sensitive. Used to be that it would lighten up after a little massage but now it is not doing that either.

I am very frightened that I will never be normal again!

any words of encouragement here?

Also how come any kind of insert makes the pain worse?

thanks again
Carrie

Re: Average time

ScottW on 7/25/02 at 13:04 (090581)

I have had it for 1.5 years. No luck with any treatment yet. Just ice seems to numb them. Also rest, which is obvious, but practically impossible. Good luck.

Carmel M on 7/25/02 at 14:17 (090586)

Hi Carrie,
Have you been diagnosed with a foot condition ie; plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, or some other 'itis'?

Also, no has mentioned reading Scott's heel pain book. You can click on the link at the top of this page. It is full of great information.

I've had plantar fasciitis for three years. This past April I had ESWT done in Canada. I tried all the other conservative treatments, such as, icing, stretching, custom orthotics, cortisone shots, physical therapy with iontophoresis, rest (like that's possible with three kids and a husband who is away from home half of every month!).

You say your pain is in the back part of your foot...where exactly?

And as far as good shoes, I like New Balance which I put my custom orthotics in, and Birkenstock sandals for around the house and when I need a break from my sneakers.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

Take care.
carmel

dave r on 7/26/02 at 11:58 (090669)

Its been five years for me. Rest , ice and taping has worked the best for me. Sounds to me like you may have insertional achillis tendonitis.

ScottW on 7/25/02 at 13:04 (090581)

I have had it for 1.5 years. No luck with any treatment yet. Just ice seems to numb them. Also rest, which is obvious, but practically impossible. Good luck.

Carmel M on 7/25/02 at 14:17 (090586)

Hi Carrie,
Have you been diagnosed with a foot condition ie; plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, or some other 'itis'?

Also, no has mentioned reading Scott's heel pain book. You can click on the link at the top of this page. It is full of great information.

I've had plantar fasciitis for three years. This past April I had ESWT done in Canada. I tried all the other conservative treatments, such as, icing, stretching, custom orthotics, cortisone shots, physical therapy with iontophoresis, rest (like that's possible with three kids and a husband who is away from home half of every month!).

You say your pain is in the back part of your foot...where exactly?

And as far as good shoes, I like New Balance which I put my custom orthotics in, and Birkenstock sandals for around the house and when I need a break from my sneakers.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions.

Take care.
carmel

dave r on 7/26/02 at 11:58 (090669)

Its been five years for me. Rest , ice and taping has worked the best for me. Sounds to me like you may have insertional achillis tendonitis.