Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT discharge information

Posted by Sandra G. on 7/26/02 at 16:44 (090702)

I just had shock wave therapy (with the Dornier Epos machine)on one foot, although I have PF in both, on Wednesday, July 24, and my doctor gave me very little discharge information. I spent yesterday mostly relaxing, but today I was back to normal activities, including attending a professional conference. What are the things I should and should not be doing? Should I continue to wear my (rigid) orthotics? Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: ESWT discharge information

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/26/02 at 17:03 (090705)

You need to contact your doctor. If it was with Excellence Shockwave Therapy Group there is a standard post -ESWT form that you were given .

Scott D. on 7/29/02 at 06:40 (090879)

Hi Sandra! You received discharge instructions after treatment but if you've lost them please give a call and I'll send them back out to you. I remember you discussing the orthotics issue with your Orthopedist while you were here and I believe his advice was to wear the orthotics if you thought they made you feel better. Also to resume your normal activities, (no high impact activities),ice, and tylenol as needed. If you're unclear on that, or anything else, please always feel free to call his office or ours. We're all here to help!

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/26/02 at 17:03 (090705)

You need to contact your doctor. If it was with Excellence Shockwave Therapy Group there is a standard post -ESWT form that you were given .

Scott D. on 7/29/02 at 06:40 (090879)

Hi Sandra! You received discharge instructions after treatment but if you've lost them please give a call and I'll send them back out to you. I remember you discussing the orthotics issue with your Orthopedist while you were here and I believe his advice was to wear the orthotics if you thought they made you feel better. Also to resume your normal activities, (no high impact activities),ice, and tylenol as needed. If you're unclear on that, or anything else, please always feel free to call his office or ours. We're all here to help!